sleeper cabs....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
who has one? i know mel has the full one, but mainly i am asking about the one that doesnt go below the bed rails. looking for good pics of them inside and out. buddy of mine has one he will sell me cheap.....thinking about it...

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sleeper

I had one and my buddy just bought one. I never was able to get mine to seal with the accordian boot; just something to watch. It seems it always seeps when it rains
:dunno

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
thats one thing i was curoius about. also how it looks on the inside with the window removed. what goes over the pinch weld around the window?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right looking at Mels he might have have the rubber gasket without the glass.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
ywea you remove the window and this seals against the back of the cab with a big gasket, but i am curious what you do with the pinch weld where the window used to be.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've always wanted to get a regular sit in sleeper off a big truck and stretch my frame and set one of those suckers in between the cab and bed . Would add about 42" overall :love:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
corey i think with jon is saying is there is a gasket that will cover that lip as well. ill bet the gasket between the cap and the cab will attach to that some how. i just seen one of those on craigslist

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
This weekend I am going over and we are going to set it on my truck, see how it looks. Might be the perfect spot for some subs and my amp that doesn't fit in a ext cab

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to get a regular sit in sleeper off a big truck and stretch my frame and set one of those suckers in between the cab and bed . Would add about 42" overall :love:

I saw one on a '66-ish F250 2wd in Seattle the other day. It was a bit wide but blended in well enough that it took a second look to realize what it was.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gaskets are called accordion seals and they press onto the lip of the window when you take it out. Over lap the seam at the bottom of the hole and glue it together and put 3M weatherstrip adhesive in the grove of the seal where it presses onto the lip to seal them and they dont leak. Note: You won't be able to overlap the groves that go over the lip, you butt them together and seal the ends, but when you cut to length, leave a flap of the material between them to overlap and glue together.

Uni-Grip does sell direct to the public and they are way cheaper than buying elsewhere. IIRC when I bought 35' about a year or so ago for a couple semi sleeper installs, it was $100 vs the $75 - $100 everyone else want's for a 15' roll which is about what you need for a pickup topper/sleeper.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How about a 54" Roadmaster conversion Only $9695 for the base model installed.

I have one sitting behind the shop right now that came off an OBS Ford with the optional sofa bed and side windows I scored off Ebay for $700. IIRC she's got the seat belts too.