since me no go to rally....

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Well, let's all look at the facts.

It was said that the vehicle Travis bought was first posted on here by another member.

Also, it was said that the vehicle was never posted on Darrin's website.

This rules out the F350 CC dually 4x4 I thought it was, also rules out the VW pickup.

Whatever it is, has to be speedo friendly, and capably of hauling a 5th wheel (because Travis has a nice 5th wheel) and be capable of having room for the family.

Let's all post the facts we know and narrow this down!

Does "Speedo friendly" mean seats that have non skid marks on it?:D

But Darrin posted it on this website.

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok boys.... I would post pictures this morning of it but I remembered to bring the camera down here to the camper but forgot the cable to hitch it to the puter.... So it will have to wait until Scott gets back into town so I can borrow his camera cable....

but I'll go ahead and tell ya....

There I told ya....

It has been listed in my signature ever since I bought it... had you been watching the first line of my sig I have spelled it out not once but twice, I would rotate the letters one spot of each word about once or twice a week.... So had you been watching you would have decoded....

1990 Ford F350 7.3IDI NA E4OD Crew Cab Dually Enterprise 2

Yes it's white....
Yes it's blue interior....
Yes it's an XLT Lariat
Yes it's got buckets up front...

It basically looks like the Enterprise 1 did before I got my mitts on her. Only difference is she has a black strip painted at the bottom front to rear that's about 3 inches tall. It has LED lighting on her hips (that was a nice touch that I wanted to do to E1).

She is a gutless wonder being non turbo but she nets around 12.5 most days and sometimes if I see a lot of highway driving at 60mph I can eek out 13.5...

Darrin saw her roll through an auction and thought as all salesmen do... I bet I can sell that... so he picked it up with the intention of it going to me... then he got Ron to send me a picture via the cell phone and said lookie what is coming my way to work on to get ready to sell.... I called Ron up and said yep looks the E... and then Ron being the good sales team he is said hey I know this guy that has it you ought to call him and strike a deal...

So I called Darrin up and a deal was struck over the phone with me never seeing the truck other than via crappy cell phone pictures... But I trust both of these guys so I had no worries.... Darrin was up front and said it has these problems....

Cold start - won't happen - glow plug problem....
Hot start - Injection pump issues...
Batteries - not holding a charge....

so he delivered it down to Ron to get those items squared...

But Ron being the **** retentive person he is... he found that she needed the front fuel tank leak fixed and the valve guide seals were leaking like BP's well in the gulf... So Ron knowing that it was going to me and that I don't have a place to do any maint on a vehicle at the moment (I live in a campground pretty much - have a house but it's 2.5 hours away) and that requires a vehicle that just flat RUNS with the turn of the key... So he went through the vehicle top to bottom inside and out and fixed what needed fixed so that I would not have any worries with just starting a new job...

WOW what the brotherhood will do for ya - can't say enough good about it - you don't know what that means to me because being out of work for so long I can't have a vehicle that is going to nickle and dime me from the get go...

So then just to sweeten the pot I was given a 5th wheel tailgate and wing for pulling the 5er.... again WOW that wasn't in the sale price...

Now she came from the auction with 4 dang near brand new tires on the rear but the fronts were round and that was about it... so when I went to pick up the truck Darrin tossed a new tire that he stole from one of the trucks on his lot in the bed for me - complete with RIM!!!! so all I had to do was mount it... So I only had to buy one tire for her on the front and so she currently runs on three different brands of tires but all the tread looks pretty close to the same.... guy cant complain about that one bit....

She runs like a top and it's as gutless as you would expect - she runs pretty strong for a non turbo truck - heck I would say that she's got more gumpsium than the E1 did before I strapped on the turbo.

Ron installed a recently rebuilt injection pump so I'm good to go there and I got all 8 Beru glow plugs so no worries there for a long long time in either department. She got new battery cables and that was the issue with the batts not holding a charge... She didn't have a radio and while installing it we pretty much figured out that whomever traded the truck in wasn't quite the best at electrical... I think he didn't understand a thing about wiring if you ask me.... But between Ron and I we got most of the wiring issues taken care of - Oh and Ron made sure that the plug in the bed for the 5th wheel was working because as soon as I picked up the truck it was about an hour later I was hitching to the 5er to bring it home to the campground....

Again I can't say enough thanks to both of these GENTLEMEN for making this happen.... You guys need to understand that I didn't own a vehicle other than Sherri's car and she had to have it for her to get back and forth to work so I was borrowing not only a car but a camper at the time - a big thank you goes to Scott Nicklas for that because I lived in his RV for a few months in the winter and drove the wheels off his Neon and he didn't blink an eye or skip a beat in offering both of these items to me so that I could take the job down here.... Again this is what the BROTHERHOOD is about!

I know this post has been long but I had to say thanks to those GENTLEMEN for helping my family and me get back on my feet - now I'm not up fully not by a long shot but without all the help so far I wouldn't be where I'm at....

Again thank you guys!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,I got a parts truck with a good turbo on it......Cheap...Oh,also the intake has a water nozzle,hose and I think the pump is in the cab.......

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I was right about ONE thing. It had a 5th wheel for pulling the camper!

Definitly, we do need pics of her Travis! You three did a damn good job of keepin her a secret! I searched forums for a good 2 1/2 hours total looking for this truck, and I never came across it!

You are right about one things, no matter what time of day, night, weekend or holiday, you can always count on someone trying their best to help you out on here!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Oh that thread had everything to do with it.... That was posted just after I left from picking up the truck.

and no I didn't lie in that post... When I was typing that I was not driving it... I couldn't... the keyboard wouldn't reach that far.....

There were a few that knew about it but they were sworn to keep their mouth shut....

We played name that engine sound across the phone for the IDI Rally and Mel said it sort of sounded like an IDI across speaker phone.... I told him he had a good ear....

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least hes done with the goat diddling:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
Congradulations on the new ride;Sweet