Shudder at take off

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1995 f250 4x4 auto trans I just installed a 4in lift kit and I went to tow my dad's pickup back after it broke down. The truck started to shudder at take off then it went away but now it shudders at take off everytime weather hard or light acceleration. It didnt do this after even after the lift kit was installed only after I towed my dad's pickup back. I've checked the u joints they are good. Everything is tight as suppose to be.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driveshaft slip joint lubed? Surprised you didn’t have to lengthen the driveshaft after installing a lift kit.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
On my 96 F250 CCSB 4x4 I had to install a 1” shim to drop the carrier bearing after raising the rear 2” to F350 height. Same low speed shudder. Do you have a one or two piece rear driveline? Does it have a carrier bearing?

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 96 F250 CCSB 4x4 I had to install a 1” shim to drop the carrier bearing after raising the rear 2” to F350 height. Same low speed shudder. Do you have a one or two piece rear driveline? Does it have a carrier bearing?

It's a two piece drive line is the carrier bearing suppose to have any play up and down? It has some looks like it might be the factory one?