Show us what you tow!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That must of been an amazing trip, can only imagine the amazing landscapes you must of seen along the way.

Thanks for sharing!
Somewhere ?in the lounge? I posted the trip under something like west coast run or some ****...
I am runnin on no sleep and full on overload.
If ya caint find it pm me.
Thanx and yes it was eppic

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
No pics but last Sunday I hauled 2 loads of big preggo cows. About 2,000 lbs a cow so it put me over 20k per load I imagine. 1.5 mile 7% grade finds the weak spots. Usually pulls it in 3rd but pulled down to second while holding good fuel pressure and very little smoke so some checking to do!

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pics but last Sunday I hauled 2 loads of big preggo cows. About 2,000 lbs a cow so it put me over 20k per load I imagine. 1.5 mile 7% grade finds the weak spots. Usually pulls it in 3rd but pulled down to second while holding good fuel pressure and very little smoke so some checking to do!
How many head per load are you hauling?

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most my towing is pulling my 9k lbs travel trailer. We try to go somewhere about once a month with one long vacation per year... can't wait for November, three weeks of bliss away from the crowds. :)
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Towing our 30ft Gulf Stream

Nice trailer does it have slide outs? I really think the two tone brown IDI’s are good looking. Any issues with power pulling it?

If I had a free place to store a travel trailer I would pick one up. But I already pay to store 3 trailers so not wanting to add a fourth. Perhaps down the road we will get rid of one of the trailers and pick one up then.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
1985 E350 motorhome (specs in sig) pulling a 1958 Parkhurst fiberglass (former) rental trailer from Nationwide Trailer Rental System. I'm a full time RVer, so it's nice to have the portable shed.

Attachments

• PXL_20210603_143811362.jpg
    PXL_20210603_143811362.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 8

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I am loooking at the style with he expanded metal “mesh” style tailgate. My neighbor has one that the ramp folds and is not very tall… but that adds $$$. one thing that helps me a bit is I tow with a big SUV (Excursion) or the F-150 with a topper… so the little trailer is behind that…. With a bit of a wind break.. I haven’t started seriously looking yet.. that will be next year.

Now what I would really like is one of the TEMPTE Utility Trailers…. They are a tilt bed trailer… so no ramp needed… but not sure of the cost on those…
Expanded medal will have a high aerodynamic drag. This has been demonstrated on aircraft.... the thin cross wires that old biplanes used were found to cause more drag than using 2 inch thick struts shaped like an airfoil. You'll notice the modern aerobatic sport biplanes use large airfoil shaped struts, not the wires the older cousins used.

Expanded metal is essentially a mesh of wire shaped metal welded together.

Only real solution is to get a trailer with ramps that slide underneath.

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expanded metal is essentially a mesh of wire shaped metal welded together.
Hardly true at all. There is absolutely no welding involved in the making of expanded metal. It is sheet metal that has been slit and stretched to form the diamond pattern