Show us what you tow!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 26ft cabin cruiser for my dad, a bus, an adorable little John Deere mower for a customer, this weird custom built thing for a customer (there's a photo here somewhere)

Just got a tow dolly for when I don't need the trailer... Or when I don't have time to get this **** bus off the car trailer haha

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Pic's don't forget the pic's!

I would love to see a trailer, a postal truck half on and half off, and the steel mail cart toppled over on something!

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
A 26ft cabin cruiser for my dad, a bus, an adorable little John Deere mower for a customer, this weird custom built thing for a customer (there's a photo here somewhere)

Just got a tow dolly for when I don't need the trailer... Or when I don't have time to get this **** bus off the car trailer haha

Like you, I keep some vehicles on my trailers to save space or money storing them. So adds to the fun of picking up my trailer as I have to also unload it in order to use it. But its nothing as hard to get off as your bus!

I have seen many Car dolly's for sale, but with owning a trailer I just have not felt I really need one. To boot, I have Autoclub for local towing issues, and some farther ones. (100mi tow coverage.) But if I did decide to buy one, I would seek out one with electic drum brakes. Or perhaps would do one with surge brakes. One with brakes to tow bigger/heavier vehicles more safely and legally. Then I would try to find one with a good wide stance so I could tow larger/wider vehicles like my sons 67 Ford Galaxie. (Maybe a pickup.) The challenge is some cars/trucks cannot be flat towed without removing the drive shaft, so for all that work/mess, I still think it is easier to pull a vehicle up on my trailer. But If I had to move a dead bus off and back on, yes car dolly would be my goto!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had to have the bus "climb" up so the low bus skirts and steps could get over the trailer fenders. I do not know how it is going to come off. I have to finish up someone's truck then put a head on an element before I can or will even spend time on it.

Due to previous owner neighbor dispute we had to get it out of there immediately.

My husband ordered himself a Polaris which should be ready to pick up in Delaware in a few weeks so it needs to be off by then haha.

I wish I had just pulled the shaft and used tow dolly for bus haha

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One with brakes to tow bigger/heavier vehicles more safely and legally. Then I would try to find one with a good wide stance so I could tow larger/wider vehicles like my sons 67 Ford Galaxie. (Maybe a pickup.)

Hahahahaha hahaha hahaha ha!

Safely and legally? :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

Did what I had to do in a pinch LOL

Didn't have my trailer at the time, but I got it done!

Would NOT RECOMMEND :angel:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one wasn't nearly as bad. I don't think it weighed as much either

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
That is funny, having to tow the tow truck, but to add to the excitement with a tow dolly! At least it has trailer brakes.

Nice trailer! I wish I had a longer one. Mine is a 16ft bed Big Tex. Seen some aluminum tilts and really would like to pick one of those up sometime!

With that trailer I would not of worried too much about that truck either.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well…. Here is what I tow…. Since I’ve already chimed in on this thread….. just please excuse what is in front of the trailer….

I occasionally borrow this trailer from my Dad. It is his, and in Illinois… so I only try and use it when I have to. I had borrowed it to take 2 of my tractors a distance longer than I waned to make 2 trips for… so I had it here at the house, and mine was not here. This is the only picture of the this trailer I have…. (At least it’s behind a diesel)…

I normally pull this trailer, with this load….

Here is just the trailer behind a more appropriate truck……. LOL

We are currently in between campers… so in the near future, there may be a camper behind the Excursion, and/or the F-150….. These are the only 2 vehicles we have left….. so I am going to get one that suits our needs, but can be pulled by either truck… the Excursion is a 6.0 and the F-150 is a 3.5EB…. So I am looking in the low to mid 20’ range….

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Scott,

Looks like your dad takes good care of his trailer. It looks well made and heavy duty.

Your smaller trailer looks perfect for small equipment, an ATV, and those days you don't want to put potting soil in the back of your Excursion and get that new garden smell in your truck!

Those older Snapper ride on's are old school cool. My dad is getting up there in age and still mows with a walk behind. Been looking for a compact ride-on for him. So looking for a Honda, Snapper, or one of those Yard Machines/Craftsman that collect the grass under the seat. So have not seen a Snapper come up at a decent price. I don't think he would fair well steering a zero turn.

There are not a lot of ride on's in Socal (Small yards.) But folks want $800 for one of those older Snapper's in good shape. (Running, seat in tact, and not all weather beaten.) Then want $250-300 for an abused one that needs help. He had a lawn tractor from his last house but he found it was a little to big for his current yard. (Was not able to make sharp enough turns.) So hope to find something sooner than later to make his life a little easier.

Happy towing!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Brad,

Yes, Dad and I try to keep up on our stuff… LOL. That is a Cronkite that my late uncle had custom built. It is the heaviest trailer he could get without brakes (not sure why he didn’t want one with brakes), so it has a legal max weight of I think 3000 or 3500 lbs. it tows really nice, and that picture was taken about 250 miles from home at my M-I-L’s in Kentucky. We have had 4 Cub Cadet’s on there (no attachment or mower) and it towed well.

I’m actually thinking about replacing my trailer. I use a set of ramps with it, because I do not like the feeling when the bed tips to allow unloading…. It is a 2ish foot drop when it tilts. I’m wanting to get a smaller trailer that has a lower deck and a built in ramp, something like this….

A bit easier on me…. And a nicer trailer. I would love to go to something bigger, that I could haul a vehicle on… but it would have to be stored at my parents 120 miles away…. I couldn’t store it here…..

I guess you would hate to hear I gave $75 for that Smapper a few years ago…..

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Scott,

Looks like your dad takes good care of his trailer. It looks well made and heavy duty.

Your smaller trailer looks perfect for small equipment, an ATV, and those days you don't want to put potting soil in the back of your Excursion and get that new garden smell in your truck!

Those older Snapper ride on's are old school cool. My dad is getting up there in age and still mows with a walk behind. Been looking for a compact ride-on for him. So looking for a Honda, Snapper, or one of those Yard Machines/Craftsman that collect the grass under the seat. So have not seen a Snapper come up at a decent price. I don't think he would fair well steering a zero turn.

There are not a lot of ride on's in Socal (Small yards.) But folks want $800 for one of those older Snapper's in good shape. (Running, seat in tact, and not all weather beaten.) Then want $250-300 for an abused one that needs help. He had a lawn tractor from his last house but he found it was a little to big for his current yard. (Was not able to make sharp enough turns.) So hope to find something sooner than later to make his life a little easier.

Happy towing!
You got to come to the north east. You can usually pick up one of those snappers for under $200 because nobody wants them anymore. There used to be 3 snapper dealers within like 20 miles, now there is one and I have only seen 2 of the mowers left in the area. Everyone has moved to zero turns or compact tractors. I don't even see too many lawn tractors anymore. I have always liked wheel horses, and I picked up a 252h for the tight areas for $175 (everything works) from a collector that had over 300 lawn/garden tractors and was "thinning the herd". That one has it's place, and so does the ford cm224 front mount. I have put a lot of hours on Gravely zero turns, and a couple front mount mower's (all diesel), and hands down, the front mount is 100x easier to service, more comfortable, gets close and under trees and stuff, and has a better cut. They aren't as fast as the zero turns, but it also doesn't beat you to death going over the smallest bump. They are a lot more affordable as well. Just something to check out if it fits the bill. I wouldn't trade the front mount for a zero turn unless I was doing it for a living and needed the extra speed.

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online