Show me your step bars!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost wonder if a couple of those bumper mount receivers could be modded to work. Hmm. There are all kinds of those steps and I could always make my own too.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The painted/powder coated stuff just doesn't last out here if they see any weather. It's weird because its extended cab but since there are no back doors you don't need the second step. I wonder if using short bars will look funny with the ext cab. :dunno

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, they are Carr brand(discontinued model) and they are an aluminum alloy, so no issues. They aren't polished but I think they were sealed? That and I didn't bother painting the supports. I lucked into them on Craigslist looking at a different type(too long) he had for sale and saw he had these on his truck. He said he was taking them off soon and I told him to call me. I'll see if I can get you a close up tomorrow.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of these. Functional paint protection. Also helps protect cab from rub poles and door dings. Also they let the short people in the truck. I mounted these fairly low so they are useful for entry.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

StBernardnot

Reaction score
I bought a set from Carid. My 4'6 1/2" wife was having a terrible time! These are over a foot wide & very sturdy!