Show me your step bars!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been sick all week and not getting anything done on the truck so I've been trying to do some planning work. Getting the cab on just really drove home the point that my vertically challenged wife and myself for that matter are going to need some sort of step or rock feelers in a past life. I have a set of stainless bars from Nasta on my half ton truck that if I take the time to clean them up, they are gorgeous. Been on there going on 10 years. I'd do a set from them in a heartbeat but they don't seem to exist anymore. Very few companies seem like they have a specific set for my truck (supercab brick). I could maybe do a generic single step on either side but I don't like the narrow one foot width steps much. Clumsy people can have trouble with them. [emoji6]

So aside from a standard tube step that I may or may not be able to get, I guess I could make a set and nickel plate them, but I'd rather not.

What are your thoughts? What us got?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gawd I h8te this ifail!
Maybe later on a mainframe???
These rock( camp buggy)
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i friggen hate steps with a passion.
but, with a woman thats 6 months pregnant
i had to install something. shes 5'3 herself.
i need to put a piece of aluminum on it, but this is what i did.
only on the passenger side.

the flag says " NO 2A NO USA" using the 1st to defend the 2nd.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The things we do for our women huh. Did you attach to the frame or the cab? Is that just stainless tubing?

The full running board is definitely functional but I don't think I can bring myself to go full papaw. I've ripped running boards of off about everything I've owned. Can't beat them for paint protection though. Keep em coming guys.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DOM 1.75 x .095 roll cage tubing.
spare stuff i had from a race car cage job.
its attached to the frame, no body hangers, it works quite well,
with gussets and such, it dont flex much.
the one's like Clb has, were too high for my lill incubator LOL

the woman can climb, but not with my twin boys in her ;Sweet

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Understood. I may have the same problem. My woman don't climb real well. Another reason I'm thinking it's going to have to be custom or mod something universal. That's why I'm looking for ideas.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a million and one receiver tube steps. Wonder if it's worth putting a 2" receiver tube under there. Then I could take them off and change them if I don't like it easy enough. Like a woman changing jewelry. [emoji6]

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or the rock rawler version...

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No steps here...I'm happy to help her up and give a push in just the right places.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a universal tube style step and dropped it down about 4 inches from the body using angle iron mounted to the frame and gusseted.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you recall the brand? How are they holding up rust wise?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a million and one receiver tube steps. Wonder if it's worth putting a 2" receiver tube under there. Then I could take them off and change them if I don't like it easy enough. Like a woman changing jewelry. [emoji6]

I like these http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/mediumlarge/nfb-c0180cc_ml.jpg?rep=False

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...4294918701&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

But I do like the idea of the 2" receivers. I believe if you mount them right they could hold a lot of weight! (my father in-law is a BIG boy 300+ I'm afraid he would break the ones that mount to the body off or bend my rockers!