1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop estimate...

Discussion in 'Paint and Body' started by Cruiseomatic, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Cruiseomatic

Cruiseomatic Defining Insanity

Now that I've gotten a factory hydroboost with the right PS pump, Just need a diesel core....
    Once I get the core, What am I looking at for a mid grade paint work on both fenders, core, and full cab paint? Inside and out on everything. Basically, Everything but the bed. That'll come later. I'm thinking $3K-ish. What do yall think?

2. laserjock

laserjock Almost there... Supporting Member

Towcat posted a data point down here in a thread.

What about the hood?
    I suspect you will be closer to twice that price. You'll be close to twice that for a shop to do it. It's a LOT of prep work. You'll be over a grand in materials for a base/clear paint job.

3. IDIoit

IDIoit MachinistFabricator Supporting Member

I think im in over a grand in abrasives, cleaners, filler, and primer alone

4. Cruiseomatic

Cruiseomatic Defining Insanity

Luckily, I won't need any filler. IF, And a big IF, I go with this cab, Maybe if the welds don't grind down smooth I'll need some. But the hood and fenders are great just need prep and paint. I forgot about the hood but its getting custom paint on it so I didn't really want to include it. Maybe custom paint or instead, I might shoot it the body color and do vinyl on it. Not to sure I want a clear coat....See to many cars around here with the clear peeling and it looks like crap....Real bad crap...
    Biggest and only thing stopping me is the cab. Once Its done, I can start on the dead idi sitting on my frame rails. If anyone can recommend a 'good" body shop in the houston area, let me know.
    I want better than maaco :Whatever: but not show stopping quality. More like factory quality or mid-grade.