Shock absorber question....

bblaweless

Diesel Kid
Reaction score
hey everybody.
now this may be a stupid question, but i simply dont know enough about the matter to make an educated decision, so any input would be greatly appreciated:)

recently finished my front end swap on my 92 f250....rebuilt dana 60 woohoo!
to top it off, my rear end leafs are very tired and sagging to the point where the rear is almost lower than the front which drives me mental...so i will be swapping in replacement leafs from a less worn parts truck!

while im in there, i figured i may as well replace the shock absorbers for what its worth, i assume theyre just as pooched.

now...when i bought the dana 60 it came with a set of monroe front shock absorbers in good condition...fairly new, but i went with all new rancho in the front...wanted the steering stabilizer to match etc.
my question isssss, am i able to use the front shock absorbers (monroe) that came with the dana 70 front end in the rear end?? they look near identical in both bolt size and length....would like to save some money after the front end swap:)

let me know what u think!!

thanks guys
B

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look them up online. If they are different part numbers, then they probably won't fit(too long too short, etc.)

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would consider Bilsteins all the way around. They are the best, in my opinion. I have been running them since my truck needed new shocks. 9300 series, I think.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard bilsteins were the best. I have ranchos and they seem... sporty? Probably good for offroading but driving in the city with wore out cab mounts and those ranchos make it a bumpy ride

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running the rancho rs5000 for some time now it's a pretty good ride a little stiff it seems but 1ton springs are going to be a little stuff anyways but a lot better than what I had before this was old dead gas shocks I like the lifetime warrantee that they have and seem to do well in town and logging roads helped a lot with swaying I had before because my truck didn't come with sway bars. They were also in the mid price range too. I like that they are liquid filled I feel like they may last longer than gas shocks, they ride like new even 30k on them now

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will be nose high going from D50 to D60. The rear spring blocks are 2" taller on the f350 than the f250. While you may be saggy, that's not the only issue if you didn't swap the blocks too.

Here are the different blocks. Top is F250. Middle is F350 and the black one is the tapered block I bought in a kit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: