setting up my dt360 questions

LSXJ6

Reaction score
Mk what I'm trying for this time, is use a dt360 and 7 speed in an old 70' c10.

I have had the 6bt and nv4500 swapped In my old Jaguar xj6 which went well especially for such an odd swap.

I'm hoping neverenuff will help out with his thoughts as well on this.

I have a 92 360 that I want 750 reliable HP from, not a stretch for the motor at all.

My question is how well will what I have for mods be in accomplishing this.
I have 5x20 injectors from a 466, a 13mm 500+ cc p pump , ill have 190# valve springs, I'm having my head ported and will be matching a 6bt manifold to the 360. Turbo wise ill be rebuilding one of my hx40w turbos and using one of my hx60s for the larger unit. I have a few BHT3b and an ht4 as well if that would be a better option. Also ill have a rebound cam appropriate for my setup. I'll use the stock rotator assy but I have the option of buying hardened rods. Is there anything here that sounds out of place for the HP I would desire? T

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
750? That's pretty big.
I think the guys from pulloff had good ideas. Fire rings, lots of fuel from pump and injectors. Turbo ideas? I would think the HX40/60 would get it pretty close. In a little pickup, you'll need a quick spooling pair. Why put a 6BT manifold on the 360? Are they really that bad? I would prefer the 360 pieces, since the head is supposed to flow better than a 6BT anyway.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd try and get those hardened rods. What RPM? Might wanna get the rotating assembly balanced. I agree, with the above, get your sleeves machined for fire rings or buy them set up for fire rings. A tractor pulling friend of mine swears by Hypermax's C-rings and reusable headgasket for his DT466. Might see if they have a set for the DT360.

A good place to get an idea of what really needs to be done is to call a few tractor pulling engine shops that have build this DT's before. Gene's Machine Shop, WipeOut, Castner's and the like will know for sure what's needed.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86