searching for a connector

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Do they make a connector that plugs into one of these air pressure switches?

You must be registered for see images

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to the local pick-n-pull and check out any GM to early 90's with AC. that sure looks the same as any AC clutch cutout switch on the drier.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you can't find what you want just make one by using two spade connecters.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Like what gary said, make your own or if you REALLY want. Four seaons and ac delco sell the clutch cycle switch connector which will plug right over one of those pressure switches.

Option one is easier

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i have been running what gary said for a while. I am re doing my harness again and just wanted a nice one size plug thats all.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chevy fuel pump cutout switch oil pressure connector, 3 wires but works,first used on the Vega

redmondjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the above. I used to design wiring harnesses for heavy truck and off-highway equipment. A connector is available, but finding an oddball connector like that, new, in a consumer retail place, is very difficult (for OEMs, however, it's a completely different story, esp. if you are buying in high volumes).

If you can identify its use on any piece of equipment (from a car or truck to industrial air compressor), you may be able to go into the parts department of the equipment maker or car dealer and get a replacement connector, typically sold in a pigtail configuration (connector shell, terminals installed, with about 6" of wire for splicing into the existing harness) for service repairs.

As stated above, searching boneyards is the best bet. Final long-shot option is to obtain a "sample" (wink wink) part if you know somebody in the OEM world that has connections with the suppliers (sorry, I'm not in that business any longer)!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If that is the same spacing as the AC switch, go to a NAPA and have them break out the big book and you can order a new one with a pigtail. If lucky enough to have one of the napa warehouses, they will have it in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight