Scored big at the pick and pull today.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Last weekend I took my brother to the local pick and pull and we found a completely rust fee 86 F250 sitting there. It was a new addition to the yard that someone had bought in Texas and brought to Nebraska. There was no damage to the body, only a bad engine had put it there. So we inquired about it and struck up a deal for each piece of the body and made plans for my family to come back out here and get it this weekend. So today we got there and were a bit disappointed to see that someone had pulled the fenders and hood off of it, as well as the tan bucket seats that I wanted. But nevertheless the most important pieces were still there, the cab and bed. So we spent all of 4 hours removing every bolt and connection so that we could lift both items from the frame. I didn't get a pic of the truck before hand since my phone was dead and charging but here is what we got.

You must be registered for see images attach

And the help. My dad and my brother were there as well as a good friend of mine that lives near where I'm currently residing. Big thanks goes out to him for helping with such a demanding job. I owe him one big time.

So at the end of the day we walked out of there with the cab, bed, doors and what was left of the interior for $500. I think we scored big with this one.
More pics to come these are all that are on this memory card

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Wow. I am accustomed to getting covered with sweat and greasy sludge in a yard. Although it is probably a little tough on the mobility to be bundled up like that, the yard looks really neat. Probably goes to the clientele rather than the operators.

Nice score.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Great deal for the price Sean.. Sadly the yard was not up to honoring your prior agreement but at least you got the best parts rust free. Trucks like what you found fills the yards around these parts. No rust if any is ever found. No salted roads. Just ocean areas have what we call rust from the moisture in the air from the ocean.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The crappy part that was annoying was we pulled the cab off, drew a ton of attention, then while we were handling the cab 4 or 5 hispanic guys came over and tried walking off with the bed. I was like NO we just pulled that, the cab and bed are ours. They acted like they didn't understand what I was saying and went back to trying to lift it off and walk off with it. So I repeated and walked over to them an had to forcefully tell and gesture to them, this is ours we just went through all the work to remove it. They got kind of upset but gave me the finger and walked off. I mean I'm sorry I just spent several hours doing the work to get that, you're not taking it. lol

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
The crappy part that was annoying was we pulled the cab off, drew a ton of attention, then while we were handling the cab 4 or 5 hispanic guys came over and tried walking off with the bed. I was like NO we just pulled that, the cab and bed are ours. They acted like they didn't understand what I was saying and went back to trying to lift it off and walk off with it. So I repeated and walked over to them an had to forcefully tell and gesture to them, this is ours we just went through all the work to remove it. They got kind of upset but gave me the finger and walked off. I mean I'm sorry I just spent several hours doing the work to get that, you're not taking it. lol

people are idiots. congrats on the nice find!!! that is a clean yard for sure!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The crap guys that tried to repeatedly STEAL YOUR BED needs to be dealt with hard words. "F" those poor excuses for human beings. Saying they didn't understand you.. Yeah sure.. Ya know what.. You came to my country not prepared to blend in. Go the F home to your own country where you probably do this kind of stuff all the time.. Your in my conntry bud. Learn the language or get the hell out. Can I go to your country and get away with that kind of activity.. Hell no I can't. Nobody invited you here. Learn the ways of the country your moving to BEFORE YOU GO THERE.... AMIGO...
Gees Sean... That really sucks the chrome off a bumper ball... Glad you stood up to those fools. I'll bet their the ones that got the other parts you had a deal to get. So here they are thinking they had rites to your work.. Wow.. Of al the nerve...

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score

They were probably in the yard watching you do the work for them. Lucky they didn't steal your tools, too. That happens around here.

Not that it will help you now but in the future if you make a deal with the yard and have to come back, spray paint some ID on the parts so they know what the deal is for and parts you wanted don't walk off. For small parts, I leave them with the cashier or in a different area in a trunk for safe keeping.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
This truck had the original clutch master, brake booster, clutch and brake pedal pads, the list goes on. I really wish I could have snagged the tan bucket seats it had in it for my brown truck. I have never seen a Ford pickup this clean in Nebraska, ever. I guess maybe Calvins crew cab that he drove to the rally last year probably was.
Here's some more bragging pics. :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To find a cherry rust and dent free bed for an '83-'86 truck is very rare! Jelious for sure man.

Congrats buddy.

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
should have grabbed the core support to! those seem to be popular lately. awesome score!