Score = Brotherhood 10 Docs 0

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Score = Brotherhood 20 Docs 0

Gee, where to start? Well I guess with a big THANKS!!! I can give you guys a blow by blow play of the game we have been playing, to date, we are winning and I am very happy,kinda bursting at the seams.

Ok, guys, here is the way the game went. In October, the "Docs" opened the game with a smashing play!

In the first inning, they told me they saw some lesions on my liver (most probably cancer they said) Score "Doc" =1 Brotherhood = 0

2nd inning: Brotherhood counters with good wishes and prayers.
Score "Doc" =1 Brotherhood = 1

3rd inning: "Doc's" play their Big card They did a biopsy.Their play was
"Cancer will win". I was told with chemo I had "6 months to maybe 1 1/2 years. 1 person made it to 2 1/2 years" with my type of cancer, but it is definitely "incurable" they said. Excellent play on "Doc's" team.
Score "Doc" =5 Brotherhood = 1

4th inning: Brotherhood counters with caring and many more prayers.
Same play--only one we had. Score "Doc" =5 Brotherhood = 5

5th inning: With the best wishes of many brotherhood friends, I turned down Chemotherapy = a giant leap of faith supported by many friends both in the Brotherhood and out of the brotherhood. I started a high anti-oxidant lifestyle. The game was looking real hopeless, but I wanted to play it feeling the best I could right up to the last inning--so, I still refused chemotherapy.
Score "Doc" =6 Brotherhood = 5

6th inning: This one was real bad. I was in and out of the hospital a couple times with bacterial infections - "Docs" playing well! They told me my immune system was breaking down-Why? "they don't know" but "better start Chemo!".
Score "Doc" = 8 Brotherhood = 5

7th inning: Was bad! I ran high fevers in the hospital for days at a time,
sometimes I was delerious and find I have some memory problems now.
Still refusing chemo. Many calls from the team, more support, more love from the brotherhood and friends. Score "Doc" = 9 Brotherhood = 6

8th inning: "Docs" were leading. They sent me for another ct scan to show how fast they were defeating us (Dec. 29, 2005). I didn't get to see the results right away, but I knew we were losing fast. I went through a few spells where I would, off and on, lose faith in my spiritual world and the brotherhood. A couple of times I gave up. Baja stepped up to the plate with so much support, he tossed out the hard ass part of him, and laid out his heart.
More prayers.We were laying out our best shots. Still didn't look good.
Score "Doc" =10 Brotherhood = 6

9th inning: Seemed hopeless. I was feeling as if I would be lucky to attend the July ralley, let alone, read about it. Still, the "Docs" held back thier CT scan results-hmmmm why won't they play thier best card? Well, we decided while I was in the hospital for a visit, to make them play it. They hadn't got the results back from the hospital that did the test.(that was true,I use the Veteran's hospital and it is subject to leaks in the roof). Well, my team Captain, "DEBI", got angry and went herself to hand carry the results. We scored big on that play! As of Dec. 29th, the tumors had not grown (it took us a total of 3 weeks to get these results). Well, Debi had another trick up her sleeve. She had come across a CT scan done in 2004 that just happened to show the same tumors (they hadn't grown much). We played it the best we could with a shove in the "Docs" face! We asked them to "explain this". Blank looks of confusion set in on the "Docs" faces. We had scored big! They decided to send me to OK City for a PET scan. So Feb. 20th, we went to Ok City.
Score "Doc" =10 Brotherhood = 10

And, here we are at the top of the 10th. The "Docs" called yesterday with the report! The tumors have not grown a noticable amount since my diagnosis! She, the oncologist, is baffeled, saying, "I don't know anybody who has beaten this!" I reply, "You haven't met my new Dr." "Who is that? "she asked.
"GOD," I replied. "Well, He is doing a great job!" she says.
Score "Docs" =0 Brotherhood =10

The game isn't over. They still have some plays. They went over biopsies, etc., yesterday, and still stand by their diagnosis. They don't understand the "remission or whatever is happening". I don't care what they don't understand. I understand the power of friends, love, prayers, and GOD. I still have pain and immune problems. I still have a time bomb in my body, as far as we know, anyway. But, it is temporarily diffused. Who knows, maybe permanently diffused. I had decided to get busy last week and try to accomplish more-fight the fatigue I deal with, forget my fears, so I am starting a couple small projects. IT IS TIME!

Thanks to my support from the Brotherhood, my friends, and my Father in Heaven, life is good. A special thanks to Mel for all his support!

Reserve my space at the rally in July. I will be there!
Thank you all for the support. :angel: Guess I have been long winded HUH?
See YA "Mr Bill' :thumbsup:

PS I didn't post this yesterday because we went to a friends last night for a ribeye steak dinner :D The first steak since October :rotflmao

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Still praying for you brother!!! Glad to hear you are doing better! Be well, god bless.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is good news Bill, I keep praying and pulling hard for you.

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Well Mr. Bill, I have been watching the threads about you since I joined. I know what you are going through. 95 to 97 was a pretty tough time for our family. Just proving Doctors wrong became a major reason to keep pushing on. Only one Doctor can say for sure what the prognosis is. Sounds like your one of his patients. Keep the light on brother. Your in good hands.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Billy Boy, I was up a ladder putting in a ceiling fan yesterday when Cindy called with THE GREAT NEWS. It totally blows my mind (what's left of itcookoo ) what GOD can do for a person once you let HIM into your life. :thumbsup:

And Billy, what's up with this...."Baja stepped up to the plate with so much support he tossed out the hard ass part of him laid out his heart." ? Are you tryin' to ruin my image? :draw . RichardCranium aka Baja/OkieGringo:angel:

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Go Bill! :draw (from a newb)

Finished chemo a few weeks ago myself. :puke: Monday is my last radiation treatment and I'm good to go. ;Sweet Can't wait to get out and cause trouble again. :Sly

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fantastic, Mr. Bill. I'm so glad to hear this news... but will keep you in my prayers. Keep up the healthy lifestyle... maybe you'll lick this once and for all.

Blessings,

Mike

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My prayers are with you, Mr. Bill. I've seen countless numbers of people beat this thing. Keep the faith and keep fighting..

Al

gandalf

Reaction score
Bill, thats great news. The power of prayer, faith, and good thoughts is a wonderful and amazing thing. The power of the mind can do things beyond our comprehension.

Your rendition of the 'game' is great. You've given us the essential facts, and shown us that your humor is still there. Good humor is an important aspect of positive thinking.

We'll all keep you in our prayers and thoughts.

Ken

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
That's absolutley great news. Really glad to hear it. Hope you continue to do well ;Sweet

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Mr Bill,
Keep up the great work. That is wonderful news. I know this must be ******* the family, all the ups and downs. I've been going through the same thing with my uncle Hopefully there are many more "ups" now. Hope to see you at the ralley, from a 1st time attender.
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726