SCA test kit NAPA part #4107

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah the diesel coolant additive test strips. The fleetguard DCA4, ford FW-16 and VC-8 diesel coolant additives as well as the stuff in the Caterpillar diesel ELC and compatible stuff such as Rotella and Texaco ELC are nitrite and molydbate. The DCA2 was in NapaKool and WixCool and in the non ELC additives for the old CAT convetional coolant. The NapaKool strips will tell you something if you run DCA4 but not the correct or whole story. You might could be pretty safe in assuming that if you have nitrite and the coolant pH is in the range that the molydbate was there too. The correct way is to use DCA4 strips. By the way, I'm back to needing these as I used conventional green coolant when I had my engine push out the freeze plug in December. I don't want to just add DCA because I know there is a trace of the CAT ELC which is fully charged with that stuff left in there and since it's a 6.9 I'm not TOO worried about it but in my opinion this really needs to be addressed on any diesel. So anyone know where I can buy just one or a couple strips? Does Ford have them? Part #?

Flagship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing a part number on the bottle of the additive. I've got a bottle out in my truck, hold on a minute and I'll go get it.......

Here we are. This is on the Motorcraft 1 pint bottle of Diesel Cooling System Additive and I don't see a part number for the additive on the bottle. The bottle references a Fleetguard DCA4 Test Strip Kit CC2602A

If I remember correctly, I got a small bottle of the test strips at the Local Big Truck International dealer although, as it's a Fleetguard number, any truck dealer that handles Cummins should have, or be able to get this kit.

Good Hunting

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Ah the diesel coolant additive test strips. The fleetguard DCA4, ford FW-16 and VC-8 diesel coolant additives as well as the stuff in the Caterpillar diesel ELC and compatible stuff such as Rotella and Texaco ELC are nitrite and molydbate. The DCA2 was in NapaKool and WixCool and in the non ELC additives for the old CAT convetional coolant. The NapaKool strips will tell you something if you run DCA4 but not the correct or whole story. You might could be pretty safe in assuming that if you have nitrite and the coolant pH is in the range that the molydbate was there too. The correct way is to use DCA4 strips. By the way, I'm back to needing these as I used conventional green coolant when I had my engine push out the freeze plug in December. I don't want to just add DCA because I know there is a trace of the CAT ELC which is fully charged with that stuff left in there and since it's a 6.9 I'm not TOO worried about it but in my opinion this really needs to be addressed on any diesel. So anyone know where I can buy just one or a couple strips? Does Ford have them? Part #?

are you looking for dca 2 or 4 test strips?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DCA-4 I guess, but whatever I can get cheap and quick would be good. Like I told the other poster, especially with a 6.9 I'd be willing to assume things were all good with the molydbate if the nitrite and other parameters looked good. If I had a 7.3 or a bored engine I'd be pickier.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ltg

Reaction score
im starting to feel its all BS

Did anyone ever see or know of a diesel engine that was cavitationaly destroyed? Technically possible, maybe. Cat dealer upstate said just dump it. flush it and put in new heavy-duty antifreeze that already contains the SCA components These are characterized by ASTM specification D-6210 do that every 2 or 3 years and never have a problem. my napa dealer sold me the wrong strips too motorvac techn. bringing them back. wasted more money ordering the 4107 kit 35 bucks with shipping n tax that was worth another 2 gallons of the good stuff. Im really starting to believe that some scientist posted this cavitation theory and where loosing sleep and $$$ over it. does anybody even know what sca is??? I have 1990 idi and i seriously doubt the previous owners of 20 years had the slightest clue about sca n lucky if there was even antifreeze in there when you opened the cap, needless to say 22 years later truck is still solid and stronger than strong.