sad day

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
My burb is a 99 with a 350 gasser. Everyone convinsed me that since I tow instead of using the bed this was a good move.....I like the ride, but when I pulled our mower (a 60" dixie chopper) onto the trailer and could see the rear end drop about 3" I started to question my judgement. Now when I try to put 6 head in the bumper pull stock trailer or hook to the camper I may realize that this was another dumb move
I guess the old Ford tractors we have around are technically IDIs and are Fords to boot, huh may have to hang around for a while afterall.
BEST YEAR!!! I have a 99 with 270000 on the clock and non were nice. Dad bought her new now its the back up for me or when I want to have a trip in memory laneLOL

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well a gallon of diesel thrown on me would guarantee I wouldn't get lucky that night hahaha. Or a few nights.

That's kind of why I am avoiding finishing replacing my fuel line.

Creigh can just put the IDI engine in his Suburban perhaps?

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 Suburban with a 5.7 Vortec. At 150k miles it thru a big ole rod and that cost me $1800 for a Jasper engine. At 190K the 4L60E trans took a crap and that cost me $1200 for a rebuild. In the last 3 1/2 years I have had 3 fuel pumps on it to the tune of about 200 bucks each time. A couple months ago it cost me 300 bucks to have the rear A/C fixed which apparently was no easy task cause GM doesn't make the parts to fix it. It gets about 9 MPG which is just lovely. Let me see if I can think of something positive to say about it..........oh it rides good! The only reason I still have the stupid thing is cause I have 5 kids and need something to haul them all in. If I could afford it I would replace it with a 7.3 PSD Excursion in a heartbeat!!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know several people with the 5.7 engines with over 200k with nothing more than fuel pumps. One has 230k and gets an oil change every 30k lol. They seem to take a beating and last linger if not taken care of.

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know several people with the 5.7 engines with over 200k with nothing more than fuel pumps. One has 230k and gets an oil change every 30k lol. They seem to take a beating and last linger if not taken care of.

I know, I was really suprised when mine crapped out at just 150K. The 4L60E is suppose to be a good transmission to but I guess this Suburban just don't like me! LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But do they all have the scent that whispers of loyalty and love in your ear late at night? The C6500 flat bed I used to drive at work smelled like lies and disappointment. The new gasser I got last week smells like mildew and lonliness.
Holy Rudolf god of the almighty compression-ignition engine, I think I'm in love :love: LOL :angel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online