Oil Pressure Issues.....????

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Eariler in the post someome suggested 3" Stainless Flex Pipe and SS bans clamps. That is what I did, and it works great so far. Might be an option for you that is quick easy and cheap.

Here are some not so good pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0180 (1).JPG
    IMG_0180 (1).JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0180 (2).JPG
    IMG_0180 (2).JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 6

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
That does seem like a good idea.... it might end up being hte best choice, because i don't know if anyone's going to have the right downpipe for the truck anymore, except ATS, which isn't a direct bolt up AND is on backorder for 4 weeks! Those pics work good enough for me to see, thanks!!

I don't know what i'd do without ya'll!

Also, I picked up the stacks last night, they are 6" turnouts, free is free, but in sort of bad news I don't have the cross pipe for in the bed for them, so we'll see what happens with that...... I will get some pics!

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I can fab up a t pipe for you if you need one. Just get me the pipe diameter and measuments. Im the guy from kissimmee with the powerstroke turbo. Seems that it isnt the turbo so that is good, still trying to figure out what it is exactly. I have a small welder in my garage (that I havent yet packed;Sweet ) just send me a pm and I will get it welded up for you. I get back to kissimmee on wednesday and hope to have my hypermax and xf in and running by sunday. I could even drive it up to you ( I need to get the swap done and then DRIVE AND DRIVE to "shake down" and make sure nothing breaks.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That does seem like a good idea.... it might end up being hte best choice, because i don't know if anyone's going to have the right downpipe for the truck anymore, except ATS, which isn't a direct bolt up AND is on backorder for 4 weeks! Those pics work good enough for me to see, thanks!!

I don't know what i'd do without ya'll!

Also, I picked up the stacks last night, they are 6" turnouts, free is free, but in sort of bad news I don't have the cross pipe for in the bed for them, so we'll see what happens with that...... I will get some pics!

If you go with a flex pipe, make sure to use the exact same type of exhaust clamps that he did, those things won't leak, and they won't harm the flex pipe. If you try to use U bolt clamps, chances are it will leak, bad, and the flex pipe will most likely tear over time.
Truck Pro should have those pieces in stock.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Okay, so I got the turbo back today, it's all shiny n purty! Got all the o-rings and gaskets to replace what's needed. Only thing I need to do is swap this downpipe out which requires me to get the right band clamps which no one seems to want to have around.....! Also, I got my stacks, their 6" turnouts, I think I posted that in the other "new paint" thread. Anyways, they'll be going on here shortly if I can ever get out of work before 7pm!!!!! GRRR!!!! And i'm madly on ebay waiting for this intercooler to sell to see if i'll have it or not..... going broke, one penny at a time over here! That's all I got for now.....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
. Only thing I need to do is swap this downpipe out which requires me to get the right band clamps which no one seems to want to have around.....! Also, I got my stacks, their 6" turnouts,

I'm surprised Truck Pro doesn't have the band clamps. They usually carry about a dozen of each size on the shelf...unless someone just came through ahead of you with a big project. Even so, They should be able to get you those clamps in a day or so, just ask.

Good deal on the new stacks. That setup is going to look nice with that new paint ;Sweet

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Woot... got the turbo back in tonight!!! took em' for a drive.....:peelout hehe....

i'm still working on getting the downpipe, well I am tomorrow.... getting the clamps and piping and also the stuff to fit it up to the new exhaust it's gunna have, hehe.... Work has been hectic to say the least, and i've been borrowing my friends truck so it's been limited....

I got outbid on the dayum intercooler on ebay with all the piping and boots at 3am by 2.50 cents!!! -cuss So i'm still on the hunt....... Anyways... I'll get some pics up of the shiny turbo..... :thumbsup:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
u could go to napa and any big rig dealer ship and they should have the band clamps that u are looking for i wouldnt go with the ones that u put the tin foil in the part wher u bolt it together those suckers leak if u dont put them in correctly i would try to find the tourch tite ones they are a far superior design and u can get them in stainless great for flex pipe and they hold up really well against our trucks with exhaust blowers and let me tell u they put some serious back pressure on the clamps emagine a 3406E 14.6L screaming at 1900rpm having the 5" exhaust cut down to about 3in going through a small turbo and out the stack for about 45min and we change them out every 60,000mi when they start to fail

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Yea truckpro had only 4" and up clamps and flexpipe, i need that for the stacks but for 3" for the downpipe, which the other place in town does have just have to make my way over there......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online