Road draft tube - what problems solved?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Banks adapter is by far the superior method in my opionion. Looks like it belongs there, gives you the most routing options, and with the hose pointed up, encourages maximium oil drain back. Part number in the Parts Bin (tech article).

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I ran my RDT down along the frame with 1-1/4" conduit, with a slight bend to make it exit just below, and in front of the rear axle tube. It gets the fumes out of the cockpit area.

Google crankcase ventilation. You'll find the aircraft oil seperater.

lucky

lucky
Reaction score
Update:
I pulled the doghouse off the other day and found the cdr clean and free to move. My cdr location was changed to the metal intake tube coming from air filters to a Hypermax turbo.

Suppose the air filter became restricted, dirt etc. could the added suction of the intake overcome the spring tension and pull the cdr closed then the crankcase pressure would build and push oil out weak seals and gaskets. Thoughts welcome.

Sorry I didn't make my original question clearer.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suppose the air filter became restricted, dirt etc. could the added suction of the intake overcome the spring tension and pull the cdr closed then the crankcase pressure would build and push oil out weak seals and gaskets. Thoughts welcome.

Sorry I didn't make my original question clearer.

In short, I'd say the answer is yes.
However, you'd have to have a major restriction in the intake. These things move a lot of air, and you'd probably notice performance problems long before you'd have any kind of CDR issues. I put my CDR directly onto my shop vac, and it couldn't even move the diaphram, a dirty air cleaner won't do it for sure...

Zigg :)