RIP to a good idi...

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
buddy of mine totalled his truck today. engine and trans seem fine but the body and frame are screwed. he walked away, just a little sore. pics of the truck

You must be registered for see images attach

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
concrete culvert on the side of the road. truck shut off so no power steering or brakes.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Last edited:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Glad that your friend is ok. That is a heck of a crash to walk away from, especially in a pre-air bag rig. It seems that these old trucks hold up really well when it counts the most.:angel:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
It's only a flesh wound!

On a more serious note hope your buddy is doing ok. If he was sore the day of the accident he is going to be many time more sore or the next couple days. Truck did what it was supposed to, keep him alive!

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lools like a minor ding...I know a guy who says he is a professional backyard bodyman n can fix that for about $300 haha

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Built Ford Tuff.. What more can be said.. Really glad the driver walked away but I know thats going to hurt much more as the days go by...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well no wonder he crashed, look how far out of alignment that front tire is!!!!!

just kidding, glad he os ok! you can replace a truck, not your life.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Man, I know it sucks loosing power assist, but you guys these days are a bunch of creame puffs ! Assist is just that, you need to learn to handle the rig without it.
I cut my teeth on a 2.5 ton with no power assist ( and I do mean literally, was working in a warehouse at 16 and the boss comes in and says, " you just got yer license right... uh hu.. OK, you're the new truck driver, everyone else around here has too many DUIs LOL

Went from that to semis with no power steering ( try backing one of those suckers with a heavy loaded trailer into a dock :eek:
Now maybe it's just because us old farts have a certain amount or orneryness left in us from a lot of hard living that that overcomes totally useless bodies, but I'm half crippled , can't barely stand up these days but I can still handle my truck in a stall out.

I STRONGLY recommend for those unaccustomed to handling heavy unassisted rigs, to find a dirt road, preferably curvy with nothing to hit on the sides, and making sure you can kill the engine without locking the steering, and make some practice runs ( if it's got ditches, have a friend follow with a chain) but learn what it takes to handle that thing like a man You will feel like you are stuffing yer foot through the floor and your back is going to tear the seat off the floor, but it WILL stop, you have the same brakes you've always had, you just dont have the pansy pan up behind the master cylinder doing all the pushing for you. Same with the steering 10 and 2 aint gonna do it, but it WILL turn. After a few trys you'll be an old pro and then you wont panic if you get in a bind out on the road