Rigid HPX line....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Having seen the flex lines from Dale Isley and others and taking into consideration my recent HP line failure :eek: -cuss I recall seeing HPx lines in rigid tubing......just can't remember where :confused:

Any clues?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you tried contacting ryan at BDP?

you may not want a rigid line as the vibrations may cause it to crack at the fittings unless you can find a way to bolt it to something solid in the middle of the line.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont recall seeing a rigid HPX, but have often considered making one. Only reason I havent is for what Rich mentioned. Always been afraid it would crack. Let us know if you come up with something geo.

clux

Reaction score
KCM diesel builds them for ITP, and usually sells them cheaper, that's where I got mine.
http://members.***.net/kcmdieselperformance/ford.htm

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would not run that line on my truck do to the fact that it is too long and has nothing supporting it anywhere.it would be like the IDI engines that dont have the vibration clamps on all the lines,it will eventually crack and spew oil everywhere.

clux

Reaction score
i would not run that line on my truck do to the fact that it is too long and has nothing supporting it anywhere.it would be like the IDI engines that dont have the vibration clamps on all the lines,it will eventually crack and spew oil everywhere.

It's really only about 12" across, shorter than some of the stock fuel lines, and pretty well supported by the ORB fittings. I've never heard of anyone having one break, while I have heard of a number of the flexible cross over lines breaking and loosing oil.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
It's really only about 12" across, shorter than some of the stock fuel lines, and pretty well supported by the ORB fittings. I've never heard of anyone having one break, while I have heard of a number of the flexible cross over lines breaking and loosing oil.

I just had a factory HPOP line burst a couple weeks back -cuss ....what a vulcan mess:mad:

If memory serves , doesn't the bigger HPOP's --stealth/dual etc... use the same type rigid line?
Not the same length obviously :D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

looks to be a bit longer then 12".also remember that every bend is a weak spot and it has 2 bends in one spot.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a factory HPOP line burst a couple weeks back -cuss ....what a vulcan mess:mad:

If memory serves , doesn't the bigger HPOP's --stealth/dual etc... use the same type rigid line?
Not the same length obviously :D

yes the stealth runs a steel line but its short,looks to be less than half the length of the line in the picture

clux

Reaction score
looks to be a bit longer then 12".also remember that every bend is a weak spot and it has 2 bends in one spot.
Yes, the pictures are decieving, but I have one and it's just about a foot. You can measure across the engine valley at the ports in the heads, it's just over 12".