Resurrection Of A ****

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
This is going to be a thread on the slow process of fixing this truck up. Truck is a nineteen hundred and eighty eight model Ford F250 with a 7.3 NA, C6, 4wd on Superduty Axles. Had the truck here since Friday 10/28/11 but haven't had the time to fully look over it and see what all needs to be done so i finally got around to it this afternoon after school. I'll be posting pics with subtitles as I go along.

Here is the truck after getting it loaded onto the trailer(before strapping it down)
You must be registered for see images attach

Like I said it's got Superduty axles...also has Superduty 4 inch lift springs. :sly I'm not real impressed with their execution of front end leafspring mounting :rolleyes:. But that doesn't matter, it's all coming out to go into my truck...That oughta make it more betterer.;Sweet

Core support is broke....Truck looks like it has a lazy eye on the driver-side. I've already got another core support lined up for it.

Here's the gooseneck ball.....I'll take pictures of that cobbled up mess when I pull the bed.

Speaking of cobbled up messes...wiring :love: :rolleyes:. I'm gonna take the wiring one step at a time. First will be correcting the travesty they call a glowplug system.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Here's their answer to fixing an ignition starting switch( a whopping 27 dollar part)

This push button is drawing power from.....

The only decent non factory wiring seems to be the trailer brake control module...which is a Tekonsha.

Now, I have one question and a Where's Waldo type of thing for ya'll.....

The question:
What the hell is this thing?? It was tucked up by the ebrake pedal.

The trivia...let's see who can spot the abnormality.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Oh no!!!! Where's the clutch pedal? And whats that stick hanging out of the steering column?

Last edited:

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Haha, good eye...I've come to the conclusion that this truck originally was a stick shift.....I don't even wanna know why they did a C6 swap.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Yea, he also apparently wasn't big on doing anything the right way. I saw scotchlocks on the headlight wiring...I damn near cried. The headlights don't work, I am not looking forward to troubleshooting that. I've swapped in a known good headlight switch with no change.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your going to have to come down and pick up some parts to put that thing back together.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha alright, probably a crew cab and that cannot chassis 4x4 are next to go. To much crap sitting around.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, isn't that a 70 chebby windshield wiper switch, or knob at least...... Never seen one like that in an 80+ Ford.....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
that box looks like the delay box for the wipers. and the abnormally i guess is the full fuel gauge?mine never read full. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online