Resurrection Of A ****

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I guess it's a chevy knob....definitely coming off....The abnormality is the fact that the truck has a manual pedal bracket and brake pedal. There's also the factory shifter hole in the floorpan that they covered with a piece of sheetmetal. There's actually TWO AAA batteries in there and neither one of them is a 65.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I'm amazed he even bothered taking out the manual shifter. A kid I know has an early 90's Chevy 1500 with a built 350. When he blew up the 700R4, he put in a manual transmission. He never bothered to remove the auto shifter or swap the column, so now he has 2 shifters. I'm sure it confuses a lot of people.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Drew's (deeproots) IDI was that way... still had the auto collum, dash and handle in it, along with a clutch pedal, and a 5 speed shifter......

If I did one that way.... if some one was with me...... I would make sure to shift the collum shifter to drive first.... then use the gearshift......

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Biggin and I got a little bit done today....

Yanked the axles.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, yanked the old rear bumper off...it was annihilated anyways. (see Florida IDI Potluck for videos)

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was priceless to see that bumper fly off lol. Don't worry. My brother cracked my bumper hitch pulling someone out the other day.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Now my major hold up is my part's guy....waitin on some f superduty springs and some other miscellaneous parts....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
and i see everyone is using my fancy words now. i used resurection on gooses truck, then jason used it, now you. lol

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Drew's (deeproots) IDI was that way... still had the auto collum, dash and handle in it, along with a clutch pedal, and a 5 speed shifter......

If I did one that way.... if some one was with me...... I would make sure to shift the collum shifter to drive first.... then use the gearshift......

buddy of mine had a lifted 80's model chevy with a 454 bored to 502 that had the auto-stick feature seriously had two guys from school that came to help us work on it convinced that when you got tired of shiftin gears in town you could shove her down in drive and use the automatic tranny.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I swapped in the SD front this afternoon...just in time before it started raining.

Let me just say, that the first thing I noticed was lack of rolling resistance. This is going to take some getting used too since I'm a "coaster". I'll get the rear in whenever I find the rear yoke I need. If anyone knows where I can find a long pinion 10.25 yoke...please PM me.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that about the superduty axles as well. They roll a lot more easily that the stock setup. All I need are a few more brackets for mine and a set of rims and tires. But Im out of cash lol.

I do have a dually axle no one seems to want that we could probably snag the yoke from. Ive tried to sell it for awhile know without an offer. Guess 175 isnt cheap enough lol.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
That is cheap...You've got my number if you're willing to do that. I'll even give you a good SD yoke to fit on it!

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Picked up a yoke yesterday from a friend of mine and bolted it on..Got lucky and found one on one of the MANY Ford full floating rear ends he has. I went to the neighbor's earlier to help him troubleshoot an issue on a minivan he was screwing with and when I came back, Biggin had the tail end of my truck in the air with most of the bolts out of the rearend. We finished it up and went ahead and put the blocks in the rear and got it all cinched down. Yes, I said blocks, no I don't have ladder bars. This weekend (hopefully) the truck will have the SenecaBilt shackle reversal bar installed as well as SenecaBilt custom block(with integrated pinion correction) and will be level. I'm lookin forward to having this project completed. The last lifted truck i own was my FSB that had a 3 inch bodylift. This will definitely be a changed and I'll most likely be having my way with this truck in the woods when it is complete.

With a model reference, he's about 6'1".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes