Replacing WHOLE steering column

PnrFab

Reaction score
need to replace my steering column and was wondering what other years will fit into a 1990 f250, will a f150 steering column work? and anything i should look for when going to junk yard to buy one or pull one my self? ...thx

-josh

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Far as I know the entire steering columns are interchageable for 1982 on thru the end of the trucks like yours. There are different shrouds for 3 speed and 4 speed manuals, and for autiomatics. Make sure you get the key. If you install a tilt column, make sure it isn't too sloppy. Don't forget fullsize Broncos as well as F 150, 250 and 350.

PnrFab

Reaction score
ok well i bought a whole column from a 88 bronco 4x4, my other question is this steering column has cruise control, will i have cruise control now (current truck currently does not have it) or is that have to do with the computer and stuff and they'll just be for looks? :rotflmao

-josh

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
You now have the switches for cruise control. You need the actuators, speed sensors and 'puter.
But you should have tilt, and that works w/o any computer.

Joe Mc

Reaction score
While you have the column out, install a new ignition switch, they are about 9 bucks at the zone. My switch died a few months ago, the FSS had power when the key was on but not when the starter was engaged. It was a pain to find and when the truck wouldn't start I missed my flight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes