Replaced Injectors and few other things now I have some questions

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my Injectors today with new BB code Delphi, also replaced return lines. I didn't replace pump yet but will be doing so when I have the funds. I also replaced the CDR valve, Air Filter, and Fuel filter. I filled the new fuel filter up with diesel before installing it, after a few short turn overs, and one quick turn over at half throttle the truck fired up with a big puff of whitish grey smoke :peelout. Idle smoothed out and smoke dissapated, but if I stab the throttle it will puff a pretty good bit of same colored smoke. If I hold throttle open it's not smoking, only does it at intial stab of throttle. I haven't driven it yet to see what the smoke does running through the gears or under load, but will do so tomorrow. Any ideas if this is going to be a problem or just aftermath of all the air that was in the sytem from changing things out?

The truck has 112,000 miles on it, the injectors I took out were BB code with CV England inscribed on them, anyone ever heard of them? I'm wondering if those were original injectors, the return line only had one place that leaked a little, but I figured now is the best time to do it as well. Thanks for any replies and Happy Independence day, what a great counrty we live in!!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those CV injectors probably were the original ones. No need to worry about the small amount of smoke. That wont hurt anything. If the pump and injectors were original I'm thinking your now due for a pump. Be careful who you buy from if you buy of the internet. There are some crooks selling them cheaper than anyone else. We have seen it plenty here. A member buys from el cheapo and comes here asking whats wrong... Its difficult to tell some that they got screwed and didn't get kissed...

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'm pulling our fifth wheel to Arkansas next week, and don't have the funds nor the time for the pump right now. Do you think I should get it timed before I go, or just leave it be until I get the new pump? The International place that isn't too far from me has a fuel shop and could probably time it before I go.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be a wise idea. I got a fairly new IP pump (from PO installed at 100k) and just installed new injectors (162k miles on originals) and initially advanced the timing about 1 dime thickness. Still got a little blue smoke at idle but had improved engine performance and power. It did smoke quite a bit for the first few minutes of running with the new misters in by the way. Then I advanced the timing another dime thickness and WOW! Lots more power, little more clatter, and smoke has cleared up alot. I was so amazed a dimes thickness of advanced timing would make that much difference. That cleared up the blue smoke and got TONS of power now.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add......my method was not the most accurate method. Getting your truck timed by a professional or doing the rent program on this website is more recommended. I just did this to get my engine in the ballpark in regards to timing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online