Rehashing an old topic: Crankcase ventilation with a turbo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim, FWIW, I've had my Nylon rubber line on Goldie now for several years with just a black pipe adapter at the exhaust pipe and it's not showing any signs of failure. Still as rigid as the day I installed it.;Sweet
Wow, that's not bad at all ;Sweet How did you route it, and where did you get this line from?

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have a problem with a RDT if only fumes came out, but My hose that went to the CDR had a bunch of oil in it. Won't I just start losing oil if I do a RDT?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have a problem with a RDT if only fumes came out, but My hose that went to the CDR had a bunch of oil in it. Won't I just start losing oil if I do a RDT?
Most oil in a crankcase vent tube is in vapor form (I suspect, from small amounts of oil being superheated after spraying on the bottoms of the pistons to cool them off), so it's likely going to go through the CDR anyways and into the engine. I'm not losing any more oil after I went the RDT route than I did when I still had it routed through the CDR, and most of the oil I lose is leaked. FWIW...

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I think I will route mine through my CDR and then have it exit in the back of the truck somewhere and keep an eye out for it to see if it leaks.

Why does NOBODY carry 1 inch hose here!!!!!???

Black dawg

Reaction score
every rdt that I tried never had much oil coming out of it, but LOTS of vapor. It ends up coming in with the heater and a/c.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would something like this be worth it. Has the venturi, and check valves....You can buy these seperately for less money.

Last time I ran an RDT the truck went from normal, to major leakage, went bak to routing it to the intake and it stopped leaking.....

I am about to install an intercooler and do not want oil going into the intercooler.