Rear door locks ?

SIKPUP

Reaction score
I have a 1993 crew cab rear door that needs another power door lock actuator , both have been replaced once before at over $100.00 a piece. I never have had any trouble with the front doors , only the rear doors. My question is where can I get a cheaper replacement or can I fix them some how ? Has anybody else had this problem ? if so what was your fix ? What's the differance between the front and rear actuators ? besides that they are cheaper...

Thanks,
Mike

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice link! However, there just HAS to be something wrong with a $5 door lock motor! I'm sorry. I don't even think you can ship it from China for that. LOL Might have to buy one of those kits though for the Moose Truck, just to see.

David94IDIT

Reaction score
I purchased one at a junk yard for $25.00. They tested it before I purchased it and they swapped the arm to the one I had pulled off the truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I pay around $16.00 for them at the pick n pull yard. You can tell when you pull them if they are shot. Be careful replacing that rod. Under the clip and coller is 3 very tiny ball bearings... Loose one and the system wont work... And I do mean small ball bearings. I almost can't see them. Having a magnet ready is very useful too when this collar comes off.

discbrks

Reaction score
Well, these are kinda "universal"... but I'm tellin' ya they work awesome. Very strong. And for $5.00, what do ya have to loose? They've been in my truck for about 2 years now.

SIKPUP

Reaction score
What is the differance between front and rear actuators ? I hate working inside the doors... I do not want to pull a front and rear apart ,just to see why they are differant ! :dunno

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online