rdt could this be done ?

1992F-250IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so me and my buddy where talking about rdt for my truck because i dont want the oil in my turbo but it hit me and wonder y noone has done this can i run the rdt to my fuel tank i could then burn the little bit of oil with my fuel and the blow by could go out the tank vent i think it would work but input would be great

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm thinking not.
I see pressure building.

You can build a filter to take the oil vapor out, and still have it hooked to the intake.
Best way, IMO.

There's really no problem with the oil vapor anyways. Maybe if you have a lot of blow by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992F-250IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a good amount right now i have a cold air in take on and the hose off the cdr goes it to a beer can under my hood when im sitting at a stop light and night people tell me my truck is steaming i smile and laugh and says shes sweating horse power:rotflmao

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea! Superb out of the box thinking!
You might have to increase the vent size in the tank. You could bubble it through the diesel to clean up the blow-by too.

1992F-250IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought i would have to make the vent bigger my biggest question is that is it going to have enough pressure to make it there with out blowing seals

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You don't want it to have any low spots. Needs to have good fall all the way back. Otherwise stuff will sit and moisture can freeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are crankcase air filters on the market that do just what you want to do. BUT! You could do what I did for my Harley.

I mounted a can I made out of brass down low on the down tubes with one line going in to the bottom and steel wool filling the canister. Then at the top I have a fitting which returns the cleaned air up to the rear of the air cleaner and no more oil dripping down the side of the bike - or in this case into the intake. I empty the canister every season.

But I am sure that the dimensions would definitely have to be much larger than what I need for the bike. Which, by the way, doesn't expel as much oily gas since I made some head modifications and also got the moly rings to seal better.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I made a piece that bolts in place of the ip gear cover, I welded a nipple and connected one of those air breathers on one side, I then welded a -12 an bung up top and ran a -12 line to my exhaust, I drilled a hole in the exhaust and inserted a 3/4 inch nipple cut on a 45 with the 45 facing away from the flow of exhaust to create a vacum on the line. The only concern I have with this system is that it will pull to much oil into the exhaust, if it does then I will find a way to put a filter, like steel wool into the canister to remove the oil, or I will weld baffles into the cylinder, hope this helps you visualize, I will try to remember to snap a pic tommorrow. It is not tested yet because I am in the middle of updating the interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat