RARE!!!! 6.9 IDI MOTORHOME!!!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am level 100 expert at tent camping in the rain! First small drain dug around where tent will be. Then tarp on ground then tent then another tarp much larger than tent.
Hang tarp on ropes or angles to get rain run off where you want it.
Long tarps for "hallways"

Such bliss!! I miss tent camping in Massachusetts in April!!
Not!!

I used to hate camper people. Now that I have little ones and married an "indoor" man I have realized it is only way for me to get back outside where I love to be.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

It was meant as a dig....lol or ;Poke

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my 'campground' does not have a hot shower and coffee to go along with a nice bed, I am not camping. At 67 years old, sleeping on the ground does not sound enticing...

i dont sleep on the ground either.air mattress.i just ordered this too.it just came today.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4IAEQ

out west they dont have the dunkin donuts everywhere like they do here mid coast Maine.i love d&d coffee.so this is gunna be handy not just when camping but when traveling too.in just 20 mins or so i can brew me some to fill the Stanley and good to go.gunna break her in this weekend.;Sweet

i should take a pic of all the gear iv got in my trunk lol.it's getting fuller.:D

So what do you do wben it rains with that tent?

cross my legs and try to hold it until it stops.:D

Last edited:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont sleep on the ground either.air mattress.i just ordered this too.it just came today.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4IAEQ

out west they dont have the dunkin donuts everywhere like they do here mid coast Maine.i love d&d coffee.so this is gunna be handy not just when camping but when traveling too.in just 20 mins or so i can brew me some to fill the Stanley and good to go.gunna break her in this weekend.;Sweet

i should take a pic of all the gear iv got in my trunk lol.it's getting fuller.:D

cross my legs and try to hold it until it stops.:D

Now that is cool !

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to hate camper people. Now that I have little ones and married an "indoor" man I have realized it is only way for me to get back outside where I love to be.

Just think..... if you dropped in here instead of Match.com for your husband. :O your tip-off should have been that Jeep he showed up for you first date in.:puke:
:D

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is going to get me in trouble hahaha

He had a c5 corvette when I met him.

We were fantasizing about buying a house in the 4x4 only area of Corolla beach and he wanted kids so he got the 4 door jeep.

Then we opened the shop instead and I put him in a 20 year old mosquito fogger haha.

His next car will be a tesla. I'm not allowed to pick for him anymore.

I wish so much we weren't in the rust belt. I'd much rather have an IDI camper than these scary new pigs that are out there.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
O boy if you think we are in the rust belt the beach is a whole other level lol I have some big regrets just driving a couple of my vehicles on the beach. It was beautiful and a lot of fun but I could never get all the sand out!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for some flip down hinges to do this to my front bench for the last 3 years. got pics or info about this flip down bench of yours?

I'll pass on the tent camping. Sleeping in CC dually converted back seat is all the "camping" I care to do.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These older ford MH can be purchased very often on the cheap however 99% have gas engines. Anyone ever pull a 460 and replace with 6.9 or 7.3 IDI? Will the 460 tranny bolt to an IDI?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
These older ford MH can be purchased very often on the cheap however 99% have gas engines. Anyone ever pull a 460 and replace with 6.9 or 7.3 IDI? Will the 460 tranny bolt to an IDI?

Short answer is yes, the trans will bolt up, but they are constructed a little different inside to compensate for the diesel pulses. It will work, but theoretically will not last very long. Who knows? the 460 and Diesel option trucks used the same frames, so bolting one in should not be much hassle, either. That would probably be the smallest of all the hassles you will encounter.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^DMF woudl be the only thing that would dampen diesel pulses. Unless diesel trans have case hardened gears or something to have overall better strength, but i doubt that..

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
^DMF woudl be the only thing that would dampen diesel pulses. Unless diesel trans have case hardened gears or something to have overall better strength, but i doubt that..

Got my info from a rebuilder, never thought to ask what the differences are. Probably some shifting changes, maybe higher (lower) line pressure and/or clutch pack springs.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an 85 Ford MH (70,000 orig miles) on CL right now in my area for $700 OBO, says it has a rebuilt trans. Needs fuel pump & battery. If the bellhousing bolt patterns are the same, I could pull that gas guzzler and replace with the complete 7.3 IDI & banks turbo sitting on stand in my garage right now. HMMMM! Right side of my brain has image of awesome diesel powered RV huntin shack with redneck spray bomb camo paint job, squirrel tail on antenna, dog sitting on passenger seat........... Left side has image of wife with crossed arms glaring at me with fire in her eyes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online