Rally Countdown - PRTJ

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hmmm, intersting Heath. Looks to be a few test drives later this week huh?:dunno

The kids are counting down the days!!!;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great Heath! Maybe we will have an opportunity to diagnose that vibration on the Dyno?

As for the weather, yea... The Night Moose is going through a set of chrome exhaust tips each year. Matthias puts a new pair on before every rally, and by the time the next rally comes around, they are too rusty to show. This is why we have stacks! Keeps the chrome out of the road spray. :rolleyes:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, intersting Heath. Looks to be a few test drives later this week huh?:dunno
Have you had anymore test runs with your SBC SMF? I'm curious to know if your vibration is at the same RPM range?

That's great Heath! Maybe we will have an opportunity to diagnose that vibration on the Dyno?
I'm thinking it is the flywheel still, but, I hate to think about pulling the trans again. But, if it has to be done, it will be done............... Just after the rally.:D

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Have you had anymore test runs with your SBC SMF? I'm curious to know if your vibration is at the same RPM range?

I'm thinking it is the flywheel still, but, I hate to think about pulling the trans again. But, if it has to be done, it will be done............... Just after the rally.:D

Heath

I run her hard yesterday to church and am thinking driveline. Will be into it tonight.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Hey Heath, Goldie's vibration is the u-joint just behind the transfer case. Got one cap with loose needle bearings.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I even let the girlfriend take the scout for a shakedown run in the woods tonight! Her first time driving a stick.... i told her it's the easiest truck she'll ever drive!! :D i topped off the rear diff, reconnected a shock that lost a bolt, tomorrow i'll wash it, give it a once over and load it on the trailer. Then i'll take her for a run behind the travelette on the highway to see how it works out. ;Sweet i have some meeting at work late wed. so that day will be a wash.... :dunno. thursday a once over on the travdelette (she never asks for fluids but i'll check em!) and prep to leave after work friday...now i better print the directions before i forget!!! cookooLOL

-Jon

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Goldie's vibration is the u-joint just behind the transfer case. Got one cap with loose needle bearings.

sounds familiar, we just changed out all three in the rear drive line for the same thing. knocked the keepers and the caps out only to find rusted needle bearings. i know people say the ones with zerks are not as strong, but i put them in anyway. i like the ability to grease them.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
sounds familiar, we just changed out all three in the rear drive line for the same thing. knocked the keepers and the caps out only to find rusted needle bearings. i know people say the ones with zerks are not as strong, but i put them in anyway. i like the ability to grease them.

Hmmm, wonder why yours are out too?;Really
Fresh u-joints, hmm we squaring of again????:sly

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Heath, I pulled my tranny out 3 times before fixing my vibration issue. Had it down to science. Got to the point where I could have it out in less than an hour. It ended up being a clutch; flywheel vibration issue. I was leaning more towards a pressure plate issue but ended up buying a new complete SMF kit.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You hear that Heath! You can get your SMF fixed at the rally in less than an hour! :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Just got word from Heath and it sounds like the crew cab lost a head gasket and was pressurizing the cooling system.:puke:
He's currently trying to get the truck and camper home safely at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online