Rally Countdown - PRTJ

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, who's got em? The dreaded "pre-rally truck jitters". C'mon! Spill it!

This is also a last minute enticement for those of you who are on the fence about coming to the rally. We've had a few cancellations, and so could really use a few more attendee's. This is a perfect time to take a vacation in central PA. The region we are in is full of fascinating things to do, and rich in history and educational value. Come to Suedburg at the end of the month for memories that will last a lifetime. If you have never been to a rally, or don't want to come because you don't think your wife will like it, take heed! This is a family event! Our kids have grown up going to these things over the last decade. Not a year has gone by that this is not THE focal event of the calendar year. Just look at some of the smiles from previous rallies....

You must be registered for see images

It's not too late to become part of the history of the IDI Weekend! Make plans to attend now!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i got em to. rear swap, fender surgury, and paint job all in a month. fun part is i just quit my old job as a construction mechanic and start the new one tommarow at first student working on buses. that equals more time at home to work. lol

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My youngest definitely has them. State inspection, Body lift, new rear, new rear tank, stereo and ham radio install, headlight relays... the list goes on. My oldest son needs new front brakes, state inspection, ham radio install, custom fiberglass bed cover...

Nothing too critical on the Moose Truck or Lady Moose, but still some little things. Yea, I'm busy.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Dang Mel, that's a list!!!
It's still too early yet for the full list! LOL

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i should be getting my trans back this week!!!! then its time for my exhuast and wheels!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what i wanted to get done was turbo install, headlight mod, lift, fenders cut, coat of paint to make her a bit prettier, led lights, finish moving batterys and more but i think im going to try and do the turbo install at the rally give her a quick tune and run it ******* a dyno

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what i wanted to get done was turbo install, headlight mod, lift, fenders cut, coat of paint to make her a bit prettier, led lights, finish moving batterys and more but i think im going to try and do the turbo install at the rally give her a quick tune and run it ******* a dyno

i cant wait to see what your custum setup will put down;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The A/C in the crew cab has fought me tooth an nail. Had to replace the condenser, meaning you have to pull the radiator, meaning you have to drain the coolant!:mad: I replaced the thermostat with a new Ford part (it seemed to be opening closer to 220+, than 192. My pre-rally run over Monteagle was enough to convince me to swap it out. Once that was done, the stinking A/C hose I had made was leaking like a siv! That has now been fixed (I hope).

The reverse light switch on the ZF5 was dead, so that was replaced. The trailer brake controller is now installed BUT NOT TESTED.

I made a cross member to support the US Gear underdrive unit. I just didn't like all the weight of the US Gear and the T-case hanging off the back of the transmission.

I'm still waiting for my fifth wheel hitch to get here so I can get that installed and take the camper out for a shakedown pull and camp before the rally.:eek:

My cruise control/horn pad on the steering wheel is *****. The 25 year old wiring in the pad has given up the ghost. Cavin is going to sell me a Cali replacment.:hail;Sweet

The list isn't too bad, but I feel much better if it were all finished NOW!

Heath

Last edited:

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
I Gota get the 7.3 back up and runin and now the OD light started to blink so hopefully i dont have a major trans issue there and i need to get a cab, bed and front clip for the 6.9 dont think im guna get the 6.9 done -cuss

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
and i thought i was the only one who was goin nuts trying to get my truck ready!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idi driver neither can i but if it goes on at the rally im not expecting much as that i will not have it setup fully there i tune by ear im going to have mel set it at 8.5 for me but after that im marking it and running it as i want and feel is the best power i can get out of it also i will only have the larger housing there so i may make even better numbers with a smaller housing i just dont want to spool at idle

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure wish I could come. i'd love to be able to put some faces with the names on this board. I'm SURE there are some interesting characters here, hell, i'm one of them. More than anything though i'd love to get the chance to do some ride alongs in some other members trucks to get a feel for what these engines will do when the proper modifications are done. I've never driven any other IDI's other than the POS's that i've owned so I can't compare mine to what an actual freshly tuned, good running truck should run like. I'm sure i'd think mine was a total **** once I rode in some of the trucks I hear/read about on this board. Chances are that my wallet would be quite a bit lighter as well once I got an actual "feel" for what money spent in the RIGHT areas can do for an aging rig like mine..............
Best wishes and safe travels to all going!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt tag along with someone benton is chillin at my tent site and he better run me to the parts store if i need anything if not ill put that little copo box back on his tranny without him knowing lol