Rally Countdown - PRTJ

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh i'd come for sure if work wasn't impeding. Thats the good and bad about being self employed, freedom to do what you want, but sense enough not to let yourself. If I leave town, it pretty much has to be life or death. I do one summer vaca a year and its like an act of God for that to go off without a hitch. Maybe next year i'll make it up there...........its always in PA, right?

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
matt tag along with someone benton is chillin at my tent site and he better run me to the parts store if i need anything if not ill put that little copo box back on his tranny without him knowing lol

lol that wouldnt be cool!!!! but yea i ll run you to the parts store!!! ;Sweet

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have not made mention of going yet however I would love to show for a day..... or 2....or 3LOLIts hard to prep when the engine bay is empty.:puke: I got my new Promar engine today so an engine install is first and foremost this week. Other than that, all issues with the truck would make the ride. My camping equipment would consist of a tentLOL but would love to come and have a good time. Should I call the Campground and reserve a spot due to these cancellations?

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i aint doin squat......ive found the more i do to a vehicle before an event the more issues i end up having....

so shes commin in all her rusted out glory

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i aint doin squat......ive found the more i do to a vehicle before an event the more issues i end up having....

so shes commin in all her rusted out glory

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jason you aint bad at all man u should see what i have its less in moer places lol
but anyway who would like to watch the turbo install at the rally?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jason you aint bad at all man u should see what i have its less in moer places lol
but anyway who would like to watch the turbo install at the rally?

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got front seats and a steering box to change. Plus I need to see if I can get my new ac compressor replaced. I was tightening down the liquid line and it snapped off grrr. No ac and the wife said we take the car.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not made mention of going yet however I would love to show for a day..... or 2....or 3LOLIts hard to prep when the engine bay is empty.:puke: I got my new Promar engine today so an engine install is first and foremost this week. Other than that, all issues with the truck would make the ride. My camping equipment would consist of a tentLOL but would love to come and have a good time. Should I call the Campground and reserve a spot due to these cancellations?

Absolutely you should TRY ;Really However, you may not suceed. If that were the case, I would talk to John (Compudoc) as he is anxious to share his site with someone such as yourself. Also contact dieselgiant as he has a tent site he is giving up. BUT DON'T WAIT! DO IT TODAY!

As for the rally always being in PA...

ABSOLUTELY NOT

This is the 4th time it has been in PA, but it has been as far west as almost the Missisippi and as far south as Georgia. As far north as Michigan. The IDI Weekend was born here, but it lives amongst the attendees, and we never know until the end of the current rally, where it will be next.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It should be on the west coast sometime.... Maybe up around Towcats area. I know here in so ca there is Dismaland and Knots Berry Farm plus all the muesums with cars and stars everywhere. Then there is Hollywierd too. There is the great Travel Town Steam engine muesum at Griffith Park. The Nethercutt Auto muesum is a great place to see the best cars anywhere. RLDSL and I went there last summer and it was so nice to see the cars from 1900 to 1967... Would anyone drive this far... I think not. Its a lot to ask. I know. I drove to the Bowling Green Kentucky ralley in 2008 and really enjoyed my time there. It was something I will never forget. The people... The setup... The friends made were great. Its not just about trucks and grease. Its about familys getting together and having a great time. I felt everyone left their egos at home and were just simply great people to be around. Would I do another ralley... Sure would. Will I make this ralley.... Sadly not. I was looking at places to stop along the way. I really want to see the I80 truck stop. Then stop in Wellington Kansas at the Cord Parts Depot for some wanted looks at Cords and buy some wanted parts. Then a stop in Brokenarrow Ok at another Cord Parts depot for more talks and parts. Then to NJ ans see what Barnett Perforamnce does to there stage 3 porting in our heads. Of course I would "show them" what my work looks like so we could talk some treason.....:sly So I have plenty of places to see along the way if I'm ever going that direction again... And on the way home I really want to see the ICBM site in Tucson Az. plus the aircraft graveyard too... Gees... I'm tired just thinking about all this "to do bucket list" stuff...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be on the west coast sometime.... Maybe up around Towcats area. ... Would anyone drive this far... I think not.
Unfortunately, I agree with you on both counts...it'd be great to see the event come out west, but I rather doubt most of the East Coast guys would want to make the trip, and it seems like every time someone (other than towcat :D ) tries to arrange a large-scale get-together west of the Rockies, it ends up fizzling out (here's a good example of a recent fizzle-out).

For a multitude of reasons, this year's thoroughly out of the question for me, but I may have to try and make it out there some year after my truck project's done and things have calmed down on the family front...