Rally Countdown - PRTJ

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary and Tim. I'd love to make a trip west to meet you all and see California again, or Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Oregon for that matter. It will be very difficult to get the time away from work for a cross country trip. But, it certainly could happen. And yes, less of the Rally regulars would be able to come. You've been to one and know what they are like. You'd be an excellent host. I would love to see an Annual Western IDI Rally going every year. I hope that will happen.

If not, Tim I hope you can come one year, and Gary, I hope you can come back.;Sweet

Heath

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya a west coast and east coast rally would work out great this rally has expanded so much that its not good to have just one rally so many want to attend each and cannot make it

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
ya a west coast and east coast rally would work out great this rally has expanded so much that its not good to have just one rally so many want to attend each and cannot make it

Yup that's why Darrin puts on a fall Midwest meet. IIRC that meet hold the record for the most vehicle carnage in one weekend.:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
One big prtj project complete and with air temp dex merc fluids, gear rollover is non existent!:sly

BOOYA!!!!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will take pics
and thats if i can go short on cash have had some unexpected needs lately changed jobs and other things but i got an ace in the hole left

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are reaching a feverous pitch in Moose Valley. The Moose Tail came out yesterday and recieved new wheels and tires. The Scarlet Moose got a body lift, and is undergoing surgery to remove cancer. Chemo will start immediately. Two trucks got headlight upgrades. The bed cover for the Night Moose has been designed. Lady Moose got a power door lock motor. Fresh air intake to start soon. I'll be working every night and through the weekend to complete all the preparations in time!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After pulling the 5'er this weekend, I'M HAVING SERIOUS PRTJ!!!

I've got concerning and significant vibration between 2000-2500 RPM when pulling the fifth wheel. It is subtle un loaded or when just reving the 6.9. With a load, it is stark. At this point, I'm hoping it is a just a few suspect injectors and not the new SMF. If it is the SMF, I'm really screwed!

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
about the only thing i want to do is polish my wheels, no need to tear something down and have a shakedown run pulling a camper. at least i am only an hour or so away from my house this year.

maybe i will play with the wastegate to get a little more for pulling......uh oh, no bad ideas popping in my head. then i should wake up the exhaust and dont forget the intake......

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Terra is mobile! Now to swap the brake controller into the Travelette, then a shakedown run to see how she tows.....maybe, just maybe I will be able to have my a/c unit installed!!

-Jon

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
No worries Heath, I really think it's #6.
Things are rolling full throttle now. Let the scrambling commence!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries Heath, I really think it's #6.
Things are rolling full throttle now. Let the scrambling commence!

I certainly hope so Ron. The PA man with the plan is overnighting me a set of BB's!;Sweet:D I have found two local places that can balance a flywheel if the worst case scenario happens.

Gonna check the compression tonight and get the sucker ready for injectors. I'll be double checking the drivetrain as well.

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ive gotta say guys, I am really having a problem missing the Rally, It has been a real struggle not being able to go, and we will miss a great time with great people.

That being said, It really took a lot of pressure off of me to get everything ready, the truck, camper, etc. It has been a quiet peaceful spring/summer not feeling the pressure to get all of the mods done on the truck. (rear disk brakes, hydroboost, Air Dog Fuel Pump, Transfer case, HHO system,..all parts are sitting on the shelf) So because of this there has been no PRTJ's for me. :D

Getem Done Boys! I'm Pullin for ya ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to change your oil anyway Darrin. It's not like you don't have to do ANY maintanance. ;Really :D

We will miss you guys! The Perry's are hurting to, so Joe is spending his diesel fuel money on truck upgrades.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Ive gotta say guys, I am really having a problem missing the Rally, It has been a real struggle not being able to go, and we will miss a great time with great people.

That being said, It really took a lot of pressure off of me to get everything ready, the truck, camper, etc. It has been a quiet peaceful spring/summer not feeling the pressure to get all of the mods done on the truck. (rear disk brakes, hydroboost, Air Dog Fuel Pump, Transfer case, HHO system,..all parts are sitting on the shelf) So because of this there has been no PRTJ's for me. :D

Getem Done Boys! I'm Pullin for ya ;Sweet

i really wanna go to the rally to but less stress for sure ...btw darrin when is another midwest meet gonna happen im down for that maybe even try to organize it here in indiana