Rally Countdown - PRTJ

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:eek: Man, whats with the IDI gods casting dark clouds over us?:backoff-cuss

You ain't kidding John! This is making me nervous since I'm having to rush thru getting Goldie and the fiver ready last minute, more so than years past.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Just got word from Heath and it sounds like the crew cab lost a head gasket and was pressurizing the cooling system.:puke:
He's currently trying to get the truck and camper home safely at this point.

sorry to hear this! i hope it all works out, preferably before the rally!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
just got done hooking up CB in the dually, still need a coax but hard part is done. also replaced the boost gauge(showed 1 lb boost when motor wasnt running) and replaced pyro(inop since i owned it)

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
Heath is a smart dude, he will get it handled. But I bet he is not real happy.

I still have to:

Pull my injectors and clean the carbon build up around them. It is gettin' a might bit smokey.

Remove my muffler, I think it is clogged.

Install new cdr.

Install a pressure sensitive switch on my water injection to cycle the pump so it does not melt.

Clean out the oil/gas/dirt/junk/sludge in my bed. ;Poke

Mix up some wmo.

Change my oil, it is quite experianced. :eek:

Plus some other crap I probably forgot.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got so much i dont think the truck is making it lol but who knows ive been working 40 hrs a week and another 20 in my business then sleeping and lots of free time at night so cant work on it but im getting on it tomorrow

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
check the fluids on the travelette tomorrow then....sit back and relax! ;Sweet took it on the highway tonight, handles smooth and straight at 60 mph. :D gotta dig up my CB....where did it go, hmmm. cookoo

-Jon

Attachments

• 267904_237693206241242_100000016924098_1034657_1222255_n.jpg
    267904_237693206241242_100000016924098_1034657_1222255_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Jitters be gone, driving a gas pot to the Rally:puke: Freaking trucks are dropping like flies:eek: Good luck Heath, Tom, and Ron;Sweet I'm not driving an IDI but sure wanna see some when I get thereLOL

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I think all these IH diesels are getting ill from being between ford framerails...better start donating them to me for some other "projects"! :angel::rotflmao

-Jon

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its closer than i thought so im gonna get some mad work in on it tomorrow when im off work and then take off 1st to 4th and come up for 2-3 days
the thing is ive been putting off so much work cause im moving and geting a garage soon so.... no point outdoors lol
but to get her there ill need to
mount the coolant overflow tank
load up all the tools in the bed
and other junk camping related
then i gotta finish the battery hold down
lower tire pressure cause the 37s ride like hell and have been wearing in the middle
check out all the common things that would go wrong cause its just my luck
and then i need to clean the load of crap out of the bed and somehow fit it in my sotrage unit
take the spare out of storage
sell a 86 monte carlo im flipping to have playing money
then bring stuff to do at the rally
i think ill put the mirrors on there
and i was going to do the turbo but... i aint got it welded up yet so im out of luck there unless someones bringing a welder or and a large air tank to power a cutoff wheel (if youre that amazing let me know)
o i gotta steal the contours battery to bring as backup cause i killed the batts recently and i only drove 2 times since they got a charge and with my luck
but the good news you break down ill have tools i got a whole set in the truck at all times
then i also carry 4 jackstands 2 jacks and a highlift jack and a 4x4 hub socket set and tons of other pliers sockets and stuff then 2 big breaker bar pipes 3 breaker bars a hack saw and a volt meter and now i have onboard air

wow i think im good on tools the bad part is they are always in the truck
and anyone passing through harrisburg feel free to contact mel he will be able to get ahold of me if you breakdown or something

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
check the fluids on the travelette tomorrow then....sit back and relax! ;Sweet took it on the highway tonight, handles smooth and straight at 60 mph. :D gotta dig up my CB....where did it go, hmmm. cookoo

-Jon

Looks Sweet Jon! Really disappointing that I cant make it to the Rally and miss meeting you and seeing your rig!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
and i was going to do the turbo but... i aint got it welded up yet so im out of luck there unless someones bringing a welder or and a large air tank to power a cutoff wheel (if youre that amazing let me know)

ya know i had a wild thought last night about bringing my 110 mig, i actaully plan on bringing my hand grinder with cut off wheels...........its only like a 45 min drive for me so bringing extra junk is not as big a deal.

not sure how the camp ground would look on a welding party though:angel:LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online