radio isnt working properly

guyintx

Reaction score
just wondering if anybody else is having a problem with this. My radio does not pick up local stations very well. just wondering how to fix it. my ant. is tight so i am thinking maybe a wire is loose or something. Any help would be appreciated. Shawn

Whit

Reaction score
Shawn, pull the bezel ring around the radio and this will give you lots of room to look to see if the antenna is plugged in tight to the radio............worth a try anyhow.

Cheers, Kevin

TheWolf

Reaction score
one thing I have noticed is that with every vehicle I have had each one picks up the stations a little differently than the other. Also, some stations come in differently depending on the weather for me.

guyintx

Reaction score
i will try pulling it out his evening and checking the back of it. About the weather if there is any fog whatsoever then it will not pick up any station. thanks for yalls help shawn

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all else fails you could take it in and have the stealership give it a look. Warrenties are a good thing. See ya

Whit

Reaction score
guyintx said:
i will try pulling it out his evening and checking the back of it. About the weather if there is any fog whatsoever then it will not pick up any station. thanks for yalls help shawn

No need to pull it out, simply pull the bezell and there is a ton of room to check it

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the stock radios suck, we replace them on a daily basis almost...and i wouldnt call it a stealership...the only time you people go there is when you want something ....FOR FREE>>>>>>>>>>give it up already, if you are such a great tech...why arent you fixing ALL the problems on your trucks... cookoo :draw

guyintx

Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
the stock radios suck, we replace them on a daily basis almost...and i wouldnt call it a stealership...the only time you people go there is when you want something ....FOR FREE>>>>>>>>>>give it up already, if you are such a great tech...why arent you fixing ALL the problems on your trucks... cookoo :draw

i never said i was a great tech......the only reason i was asking is b/c i was trying to avoid the stealership. :backoff

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aftermarket radio is the way to go then...unless you upped the cash and got the dvd player/navigation/in dash changer/ satalite radio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online