Radiator Support

GasFree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a source in Canada, preferably, or domestically. The frost heaves got it before the bushings were installed. Thanks in advance.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Someone might be near you with a spare or driving by, if we knew where that was. Core supports are all over the place.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I have a couple three floating around... ;Poke Superwifey says I"m a horder...I'm just well...adjusted to collecting things I say LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just another parts hoarder Al...:eek::angel: I am a parts hoarder.. My name is Al.... Hello All.. Welcome.. Tell us a bad sotry please...:angel::rotflmao

GasFree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in QC not far from Maine. They aren't all over the place here Knuckledragger. The one part's guy said they weren't available from him and I'm waiting on a second to call back. Thanks Riotwarrior but the shipping might be a killer! The gasser ones are available but not diesel w/ AC. The driver side is completely broken off and the pass side has a good stress crack in it. I was waiting for the reshipment of the right bushings and have been driving extra carefully but the frost heaves won. I was thinking while waiting on the part's guy to call if that support could be welded? Worst case scenario I could pull it and possibly reinforce it with a piece of plate. Any thought's?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in QC not far from Maine. They aren't all over the place here Knuckledragger. The one part's guy said they weren't available from him and I'm waiting on a second to call back. Thanks Riotwarrior but the shipping might be a killer! The gasser ones are available but not diesel w/ AC. The driver side is completely broken off and the pass side has a good stress crack in it. I was waiting for the reshipment of the right bushings and have been driving extra carefully but the frost heaves won. I was thinking while waiting on the part's guy to call if that support could be welded? Worst case scenario I could pull it and possibly reinforce it with a piece of plate. Any thought's?

OK so how is your lower cradle of rad support...can you take yours, cut out the diesel section of it and then replace same in a new gasser? I know it's been done before I had a lower section but got Effed for it...won't deal with that person again EVER.

Just saying that you can likely take yours and mate it to a gasser model.

Can you get one shipped to US side and then go pick it up yourself? Try LMC or something?

Just sayin

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I was thinking while waiting on the part's guy to call if that support could be welded? Worst case scenario I could pull it and possibly reinforce it with a piece of plate. Any thought's?

It's been done before.

It's not hoarding if it's good stuff...or potentially good stuff. eg. That's a good engine, it just needs to be rebuilt. ;)

GasFree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so how is your lower cradle of rad support...can you take yours, cut out the diesel section of it and then replace same in a new gasser? I know it's been done before I had a lower section but got Effed for it...won't deal with that person again EVER.

Just saying that you can likely take yours and mate it to a gasser model.

Can you get one shipped to US side and then go pick it up yourself? Try LMC or something?

Just sayin

I'll look into that option, I don't know what the difference is so I can't visualize it. It broke on the one side and is cracked on the other at the support bushing. The driver side is a piece of loose metal around the bushing. Didn't check LMC, thanks. The one's I saw only shipped domestically. I won't risk the five hour round trip to Maine and back. Even in the summer it's a bumpy ride.

GasFree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been done before.

It's not hoarding if it's good stuff...or potentially good stuff. eg. That's a good engine, it just needs to be rebuilt. ;)

Got another hour before the parts store closes so if I don't hear back I'll probably go that route. If I'd had known this truck was going to be so stellar I would have built a warehouse and been "stockpiling" parts for almost twenty years now.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a thread on core supports a while back. I think riotwarrior had some pics of the difference between the gasser and diesel AC parts. Another member posted a full set of pics on him doing the surgery too (or a link to it or something). I have looked all over and nobody seems to be repoping them. I was going to buy a gasser and do the surgery but my lower section is in bad shape too. I got lucky and found one and bought the entire truck (not just for the core support). It has the cracks at the top, but no rust. Little welding and grinding and it'll be good as new. ;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right. That should be in the tech section. Helpful for me to picture it too. I looked closer at it and thought it's shot but that thread makes me rethink it.

Remember that the gasser core support BOLTS to the exact same location, thus just the drop down could be fabbed in, I don't know...would be worth looking into it.

How about a 95 PS support will that work? I'm not sure myself.