bed supports

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No cop around here is going to hassle someone with an "antique" plate, even if driven everyday IMO. If they do, you say you're going to a car show or it's the first time driven this week. Much more pressing issues for the police to act upon than someone with antique plates. You're also not supposed to carry passengers or haul anything in the bed. LOL.
I'm with you fellers! I tell my wife all the time, they aren't interested in getting you for speeding, they'll get you for being stupid and use speeding as an excuse. Back the BLUE! They're not the bad guys, unless you're a dodo bird! Drive on @greenskeeper ! Just keep it between the lines as your "antique" work truck is sitting on the axles hauling sod to the caddyshack, And your bed is supported by new steel bracing.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you fellers! I tell my wife all the time, they aren't interested in getting you for speeding, they'll get you for being stupid and use speeding as an excuse. Back the BLUE! They're not the bad guys, unless you're a dodo bird! Drive on @greenskeeper ! Just keep it between the lines as your "antique" work truck is sitting on the axles hauling sod to the caddyshack, And your bed is supported by new steel bracing.
I'll most likely will keep the normal registration, as the truck isn't all that bad with rust...probably better than average for a 25 year old vehicle in the north (salt).

Kiwif150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you referring to the channels that run perpendicular to the frame rails? You are correct about the antique plates in PA, I currently have three vehicles with them. Plates are a one time purchase (no annual renewal) and eliminate annual safety inspection.
I wish we'd see that here ... over 40 years old your rego goes down to $48 per year but still has 6 monthly safety inspections.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bed off, maybe a few metal patches, not planning to replace every one of the supports, will clean and paint everything while off the truck

You must be registered for see images attach

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out with the old, in with the new radiator support