radiator options, international shipping E350

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I got an 1994 E350 7.3 IDI.
As of great mechnics here I paid 870 € for installing a new tentioner plus frame to make it work, last year.
On top of that they make a whole into the radiator @ that place.

Of corse they fogot about that and have nothing to do with it now.

So I need a new one and it doesnt matter if the price isnt too high.

afaik there is not stock in germany, so it is a kind of luck (which ko I dont have) to get a quality and fitting product.

these ones are from copper, not aluminium. mine cannot be repaired. an overhaul will cost 800 dollar.

A new F 6.0 alu radiator can be deliverd for 250 EU.
The 1996 and newer alu one also cheap and availible.

Are there possibilities to make newer one work?
The connections are on opposite sides, left/right for in/out.

On rockauto prices I need to pay ~130 EU deliver and on top of all of that 20% tax

any ideas?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Try ebay? Shipping might be just as much though, depending on the seller

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I order internationally from rockauto too. (Canada)

The shipping is expensive for larger and heavier items (i.e. clutch kit, radiotor) but the total cost to my door is still cheaper than local supply - unbelievably.

eBay tends to be really costly to ship from USA to Canada. I've tried to reason with vendors about alternate shipping, and they say eBay controls it. Its not up to them. :bsI can't imagine the cost for shipping 'across the pond'... :shocked: cookoo

EDIT: rockauto has good pictures too, and so do many of their suppliers (i.e. Spectra Premium). That'll help with determining if newer models will fit.

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi,

thanks so far. I will check some local other repairs. First one was 750€. But thats propably better than new.
As this is a copper radiator, it is heavy as hell and actually I dought the first look 130€ dhl express shipping.

My first and last, so far, rockauto shipping was held 10 days in German DHL hub bedore tax. Just for fun, drove me nuts!
My first experience with summit was great with 6 days in total.
But dhl can be an issue, when they just stop moving for no reason.

I think the correct cooler will be a copper one. I ve seen some with aluminium core. Not sure if they will be sufficiant.
And that is also an issue with Shipping, if it is a wrong part I can just through it away.

German US parts shop, can also only show a picture of a catalog and they have propably never seen one in real. No refund, doesnt make a lot difference to buy on my own for less.

Am I correct that only the copper one wil fit? There is a change for vans from 1994,5 with the newer engines, in terms of connections. I saw a 5.4l one, alu. Skinny guy! feather light.

The Gill Fish

Reaction score
I sourced my aL replacement radiator through Jeg’s. The brand name is Champion. Nice price. I’ve been running it for two years in my 1990 F250 with the 7.3 IDI motor. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't the broken copper on be fixed? We fix them all day long.

The 6.0 rad wont work as it has no provision for a radiator cap.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Is it perhaps possible to make an IDI truck radiator fit? They are far cheaper.

As far as my 85 E350 vs 87 F250, this is what Murray makes. They don't list physical dimensions, only the core dimensions. Both are listed with the same core size.

You must be registered for see images attach

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an ALU rad off amazon direct oem replacement for $180.00 shipped to my door in 5 days. And it is awesome keeps my 7.3 nice and cool

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The wide model is ~37" wide... and shorter than the other ones.

The more common 'square' one is ~31" wide.

Yeah maybe it's not the wide one since the RH battery is turned length wise, side to side.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I got an 1994 E350 7.3 IDI.
As of great mechnics here I paid 870 € for installing a new tentioner plus frame to make it work, last year.
On top of that they make a whole into the radiator @ that place.

Of corse they fogot about that and have nothing to do with it now.

So I need a new one and it doesnt matter if the price isnt too high.

afaik there is not stock in germany, so it is a kind of luck (which ko I dont have) to get a quality and fitting product.

these ones are from copper, not aluminium. mine cannot be repaired. an overhaul will cost 800 dollar.

A new F 6.0 alu radiator can be deliverd for 250 EU.
The 1996 and newer alu one also cheap and availible.

Are there possibilities to make newer one work?
The connections are on opposite sides, left/right for in/out.

On rockauto prices I need to pay ~130 EU deliver and on top of all of that 20% tax

any ideas?
It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your radiator.

You talk about the location of the inlet and outlet, so it would be good to include a pic showing those locations.

And give us the dimensions of the radiator.

:D

Also, it shouldn't matter whether it is aluminum or copper. Fitment is fitment.

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you could post a pic of your radiator.

You talk about the location of the inlet and outlet, so it would be good to include a pic showing those locations.

And give us the dimensions of the radiator.

:D

Also, it shouldn't matter whether it is aluminum or copper. Fitment is fitment.
So true :)
I was very busy figuring things out ...

what I found are some different ones and one similar to this:
1. 411 € + shipping + tax is 650€
2. 330 € via rockouto, picture looks identical, but it says it is alu tank and "block" material alu https://www.rockauto.com/de/moreinfo.php?pk=271573&cc=1117886&jsn=2344

that rockauto description leaves some doubts, as Block material is not a proper term. "Core" material would be. My radiator has copper core, so this is risky to buy.
The first option is just shy 100€ from a rebuild next to my home, which was the choice from me this morning.

PS: My kitchen in the background is 80 cm high to the top of the upper aluminium profile. As the radiator is not exactly vertical, you can imagine it is pretty much exact that high, ~32" in your money.

sieg01

Reaction score
So true :)

2. 330 € via rockouto, picture looks identical, but it says it is alu tank and "block" material alu https://www.rockauto.com/de/moreinfo.php?pk=271573&cc=1117886&jsn=2344

You don't want to order that one. Schaut in real life lidschäftig aus. Lamellen kicken schon beim Anblick.

Fix your old one: https://nissens.com/
I am in Southwest-Finland and asked this small company: https://www.facebook.com/jaahdytinmies/ to fix mine. They also got the core from Nissens.
It was around 800 Euro and took about a week.

Nachschlag: Forgot to mention, that I took a brass core again.

Last edited:

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want to order that one. Schaut in real life lidschäftig aus. Lamellen kicken schon beim Anblick.

Fix your old one: https://nissens.com/
I am in Southwest-Finland and asked this small company: https://www.facebook.com/jaahdytinmies/ to fix mine. They also got the core from Nissens.
It was around 800 Euro and took about a week.
Hi,

I have a local shop, here in Germany, who will brass in a new copper net, for 750€.
I am pretty confident that will do good work. Oldschool shop, they do nothing else than radiator building.