RACE!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Just got back from me and my buddy racing our IDI's, And i smoked him, there both the same trucks engines and trans, just mine revs higher is getting more fuel, more timing, has 97idi's specialty done to it, ram-air, and 3inch with a flow master,

My buddys is stock rev limit correct timing just the factory air box, turned up ip, and daul striaght pipe exhuast,

I beat him by a truck length the hole time

cornbinder 84

Goat Rancher
Reaction score
You should have made a video to confirm the high rpm ear splitting loudness of your victory.;Sweet

I also looked on Google maps and I believe you may be the closest member to me. Only three and half hours away. I am about an hour and a half from Knoxville.

Jack

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
You should have made a video to confirm the high rpm ear splitting loudness of your victory.;Sweet

I also looked on Google maps and I believe you may be the closest member to me. Only three and half hours away. I am about an hour and a half from Knoxville.

Jack

we was in a hurry and didnt have a camera with us, so we just raced but i asure you i did win

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

Jack

And your pretty far awayLOL

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A whole truck length? Wonder what that equates too Hp wise?

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Awesome, I've been trying to get my friend to race me, but since he sold off his '90 F250 he only has the '91 UHaul box truck...I think I'd probably win :).

I have been thinking about doing a ram air-type setup, did you do yours in the OEM spot at the side of the radiator or is it at the top of the rad? Did you use 4" or a bigger duct?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your achievement, but we need more info to understand WHY you beat him. How about listing the specs on both trucks, the distance you ran, the top speeds and the time? Where's that "This thread is worthless without video" emoticon? LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Will get a video next time,
My truck- 86 f-250 4x4, 6.9NA, t-19,3.55 gears, real high timing, almost maxxed out ip, ram-aiir intake, 3inch flowmaster exhuast, right now it has a 3700 rpm spring but i can feel it cutt power at 3500,( i cant wait till my warranty runs out so i can pass 4000 rpm again,

His truck- 86 f-250 4x4 6.9NA, t-19,3.55 gears, 9.5DegreesBTDC timing, pump turned up about 2 flats, factory air intake and dual 2.5 inch straight pipes, has a BB code injectors rebuilt IP with about 20,000 miles on it and set to 3300,

The race was from a dead start, we started at the same time, and it was a little over a 1/8th mile, but it wasnt a 1/4 mile race, My top speed in the run was somwere around 80 i guess, my tach was about to pass 3000 rpm in 4th, and he was over a trucks distance behind me, i let him pass me once after i had let off and then i floared it in 4th again and passed him like it was nothing

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice going, I calculated you at an acceleration of 7 mph per second, or about 0.3 g. Not bad for a heavy truck!

Black dawg

Reaction score
80mph in a little over 1/8 mile?
80 in the 1/4 in a 6500 pound pickup is really moving.