R&D stage 1 cam

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I read what Russ posted about his oem springs being not the 910 but.. He did add a 30 thous shim under them. I errored in what I posted.. By bad for that...:oops::sorry:

Alex G 7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need a performance cam in a rush, a Typ4 might be a good option for you too. Plenty of people here run them. Just send him a PM.

where can i get the typ4 cam because i cant find them except for eBay and i don't buy things from eBay so where should i get this cam from?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russ aka typ4 sells the typ4 cam. He is located in Oregon. You will need a core cam to send him so be prepared for that. He may allow you to purchase the cam and then send your core to him but thats up to both of you to work out. Rus is a fair guy to deal with and stands behind what he sells or builds.. Only one other member here thats as nice and honest as Russ and thats Mel aka agnem of conestoga diesel Injection of Pa. Doing business with either of these guys is a sound business deal.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm wondering about with all these cams, if a person can keep your foot OUT of the pedal will a cam like these help with mpgs..????(easier for engine to make power etc.)
Those of you who have been driving with one for a while...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex G7. What mods do you have on your truck and what are your plans for it? Sorry for the derail, its always cool to hear about others builds...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'm wondering about with all these cams, if a person can keep your foot OUT of the pedal will a cam like these help with mpgs..????(easier for engine to make power etc.)
I get 19 if I just set the cruise at 65.
Needless to say I dont get 19 very often. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
At these rpm and speeds I get 19.8 mpg driving on the freeways over a 2200 miles trip in 2009.This is with 3:55 gears and double overdrive because of the Gear Vendors. My final gear ratio works out to 1:69...

Attachments

• DSC00195.jpg
    DSC00195.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00194.jpg
    DSC00194.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 9

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 19 if I just set the cruise at 65.
Needless to say I dont get 19 very often. LOL

Nice thanks Russ.
About how long does it take to get a cam out to you then back???(guess) Mine is out right now.:sly

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At these rpm and speeds I get 19.8 mpg driving on the freeways over a 2200 miles trip in 2009.This is with 3:55 gears and double overdrive because of the Gear Vendors. My final gear ratio works out to 1:69...

I really wish I took those pictures of my truck, but I only have a GV on a C-6 no overdrive and lock up.
That is like a Dream, I have to be asleep to believe it, LOL!

But I get 20/22 mpg on waste oil and 25/26 on pump diesel and all City miles

How did that happen? :***: :dunno

What is different?

Yours intercooled?

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is the basic idea and yes it as good as it sounds when you get it right.