Quick Question ( TCM )

SethB

Reaction score
If I purchase this TCM, will I need to have ford configure it or something to work on my truck?
1989 ford f-350 E-40d transmission. 7.3 diesel

Thanks for the input!

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever you need to replace a TECA for an E4OD in an IDI truck,always go with a '94 model.This pic explains:

full

TECA's don't require any programming.You just buy and install them.They come all programed.
'89 - '91/8th gen truck, TECA's are removed inside the cab down under the drivers side kick panel.
'92-94/9th gen truck,TECA's need to be removed in the engine bay.You need to remove some inner fender bolts just enough so you can bend the inner fender down for clearance to slide the TECA in and out.Not horrible but nowhere near as easy as 8th gen access.

I dunno about that brand there.How much is it? A1-Cardone units are around $100 or so.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well,your in Kansas with an N/A engine based on your info.So this means your going to want:
f4tz-12b565-aa Which is A1-Cardone 736100

http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/a-1+cardone,736100,automatic+transmission+control+unit+(tcu),8480

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...25/transmission-control-module/736100/2457269

https://www.carid.com/cardone/reman...KDJlF6Qgby1wklJCyOaIskX7vvqW_YwBoCetQQAvD_BwE

You could buy that one there at rock auto,that you posted.However it's going to have to old '89 spec shift pattern.
BLUE STREAK ELECTRONICS TCM206 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Reman; Pin Terminals; Terminal Gender: Male; Number of Terminals: 60; Functions: Module; Connector Gender: Female Info
OE No. F1TF-12B565CA
...........See the old part #^.
You don't want that.You can buy the one I link to here from rock if you prefer though.These ones are for the '94 spec and IMO.....Perfect.I have them in both my trucks and never want a sooner converter lock,shift nor downshift.They control the trans just how I would write the programming if I knew how.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh yea,I see where you clicked to have this pop up there too.It does show the latest part # too (f4tz-12b565-aa) so that means it probably lists the old part #'s so people with the older trucks can find it based on their TECA and since it includes the newer part # my guess is,it meets the latest '94 spec too.........but that's just a guess.Probably a good one though right,cus what else is that part # doing there if it doesn't now meet it? lol.
Since it's a good price I would try and verify with them.

support - Blue Streak Electronics SUPPORT - Blue Streak Electronics

SethB

Reaction score
@FORDF250HDXLT

Just to be sure that I am reading this correctly, You think that the one I posted could be up to date with the 1994 model, and that I should check to be sure of that.

If it were you doing this, what would you do?

I hope that I am not bothering you, I am kind of new to this.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just send them an e-mail or call and ask (Blue Streak) I can't think of any other reason for the updated # to be listed though.It kinda has to meet that spec I should think,otherwise that # shouldn't be there.:D
I know the A1-Cardone 73-6100 is a go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828