Questions on a f350 tow rig

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
well guys i know this is the place to come for answers so here it is. well about 1/4 mile from my house sits a f350 dually with a gooseneck trailer body with a sleeper cab with a 6.9 4 speed and what i believe to be a gear vendors overdrive kit. now what does this unit do? does it spilt every gear sorta like a semi or is it for when you have reached high gear? and how is it mounted in the truck cuz i didnt really look underneath it. would one of these units work on a 4x4? whats a fair price for this truck? he wants 2500 for it Heres the rig....
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can split every gear but most guys just run up 1,2,3 4 then use the O.D. in 4th only.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing looks like it fell outta the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down, then got t-boned by the ghetto truck at the bottom :rotflmao
Seriously tho, what is the idea with these thing's? I laugh every time i see one, is it so people can play trucker? Did anyone actually hot shot with these abortions, I've just never understood.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing looks like it fell outta the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down, then got t-boned by the ghetto truck at the bottom :rotflmao
Seriously tho, what is the idea with these thing's? I laugh every time i see one, is it so people can play trucker? Did anyone actually hot shot with these abortions, I've just never understood.
i beg to differ.
outside of the paint job, imho the truck will fly under the radar as a commercial vehicle. anything to avoid a DOT inspection is good in my book. Having worked with DOT, their attitude is no matter how well maintained you truck is, there has to be one violation you will be written up for. I've learned a long time ago is to avoid the "raised eyebrow" and you will be fine. that truck given a commercial white paint job will do fine as a hotshot hauling bootleg.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
I personally think its kinda neat looking. And also I don't have to "play trucker" because I actually am a trucker for a living. I wouldn't even use the thing to pull anything I think it'd be neat to just drive around. And darrin it needs alittle bit of body work on the bunk part and needs new plexiglass for the top windows. But other than that its solid. I think I may be able to get him down on the price cuz its sittin at my uncles garage is where he has it parked..

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i beg to differ.
outside of the paint job, imho the truck will fly under the radar as a commercial vehicle. anything to avoid a DOT inspection is good in my book. Having worked with DOT, their attitude is no matter how well maintained you truck is, there has to be one violation you will be written up for. I've learned a long time ago is to avoid the "raised eyebrow" and you will be fine. that truck given a commercial white paint job will do fine as a hotshot hauling bootleg.
Wouldn't a flat bed with a couple bails of alfalfa for camo do the same with less weight penalty?

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an interior shots?

Oviousl this is not a factory option. What company built these trucks? Almost looks like a Centurion stripe on the side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online