Question about timing with the Tech-Time 3300 - high or low trigger point setting?

ThirstyF250

Reaction score
hi there

I have the Tech-Time 3300, but need to know if I'm supposed to set the Trigger Point Switch to High or Low on the switch? I'll be using the probe timing method at the 20 degree port

in the manual-- i noticed low switch means to set the pezo clamp close the the IP and High is close to injector for the pezo clamp.

Do I set it to the high or low trigger point for use with the probe?

Can you please help me out with this clarification?

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the new instructions, but we use the clamp closest to #1 or #4

chicken bones

Docker
Reaction score
just make sure you power the machine before plugging in probe. I never got my probe to work propperly with high trigger , bought the timing light , finding it works better with the low trigger point , and much easier to use then the probe.

gandalf

Reaction score
I too have the TachTime 3300. I use the probe and set the switch on high.

I had to clean out the probe hole with a hand-held drill bit. That was expected. I had to work hard to get the clamp to register contact on the hard line near the injector, and had to hunt for a good ground. But all in all I am very satisfied with the unit.

ThirstyF250

Reaction score
Hmmm. I read of ppl using both low and high trigger points Both seem to work I’ll try the low trigger point first and the manual states at the low trigger point, to put the pezo clamp on injector line #1 CLOSEST TO THE IP

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, what happened? Did you get your tt 3300 off of eBay? There's a couple on there and I think I'm gonna go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online

Members online