Pyro's what ones to avoid and best bang for your buck?

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its time for an exhaust guage in both of the IDI's. like the title of the topic states I don't want to buy crap been there done that causing the death of a couple racing snowmobile motors which are a lot cheaper to rebuild! I don't need nothing fancy just good reliable reasonably price temp gauges, thoughts and opinions?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think many here will tell you isspro. Not the cheapest out there, but I am very happy with mine. I think they are very reliable and accurate.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auber Instruments. They actually tell you the accuracy, you can program them set off an alarm at a given set point, and well priced. I now have five auber digital gauges in my truck, pyro, oil press, water temp, fuel press and boost.

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to The Sensor Connection website. Lots of offerings. Good folks.
I use the digitals on my trucks - they work just fine.
<als>

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I have an autometer pyro, water temp, oil pressure, and boost on my dash and the only problem I have had in 6 or so years is grounding, called autometer and they said that all pyros should have a dedicated ground back to the engine. They even offered free replacement if that didnt fix it even though I was way past 2 year warranty period. believe it ran me about 150 through autozone. I will warn you that many websites that sell autometer gauges do not carry the autometer warranty

I have heard good and bad about glowshift. Everyone I personally know that has used them has had good results as long as they were grounded. All of the bad has been a few threads in forums.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Seconding the Auber Instruments pyro. Got the basic red LED one w/ t-couple for under $70. Lurve it.

Auber Instruments. They actually tell you the accuracy, you can program them set off an alarm at a given set point, and well priced. I now have five auber digital gauges in my truck, pyro, oil press, water temp, fuel press and boost.

Not to derail this thing but what airflow sensor are you using for boost? The one Auber sells? I've heard some OEM MAFs from some gassers will work also, just curious. I am a cheap ******* and would love to save a dime or two.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Another vote for ISSPRO

Their EV2 pyros are the only ones that I know of that use temperature compensating. All others are calibrated with the gauge at 70*F So if the inside of the cab of your trucks not at 70* your pyro isn't going to read accurately.

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been checking out the isspro and like what I have been hearing about them. Buddy has multiple isspro gauges in his 2nd gen cummins and loves them. Probably give them a try price is reasonable if they are as good as claimed.