put on my tymar w/ats non gated

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
had some pre bent intercooling pipes off of a semi to make the pipe the total cost---$35 for the filter:thumbsup:

Attachments

• duwilly 002.jpg
    duwilly 002.jpg
    930.9 KB · Views: 68

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet

Which turbo is that? (ATS made two non-gated variants)

Also, somewhat OT...did you relocate your glow plug controller? Was that part of the turbo install, or did you choose to put it there? Did you have to alter the wiring any?

Thanks!

hugeredford

snow drift buster
Reaction score
snail shell style and I did the gp mod. The other wiring is mine- custom with a K- because the cab was set up for a 460 gasser

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
snail shell style and I did the gp mod. The other wiring is mine- custom with a K- because the cab was set up for a 460 gasser
I was just going to ask whythere's a TFI "looking" module hanging on the inner fender(behind the air filter, left of the master cylinder assy)

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a daytime running lights module? At least here in Canada, I've seen a bunch of Fords of that era with something like that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was wondering about the same thing Towcat saw. I'm concerned about the "stuff" at the turbo inlet around the metal air intake you made up. If thats a red rag creating a gasket it will shred and the turbo will eat it. Then you will be replacing the turbo. The wheel is spinning around 130,000 rpm at the high side. Anything... Even water hitting it at that spped will kill it. Other than that you did a nice job. I like it. What are you using on the filter so it collects the dirt and dust?

SKimballC

Reaction score
They ship super fast but it takes five days or so to get here. They're in the Pacific Northwest. They have a wide assortment of goodies for anybody looking to build a custom intake or exhaust.