pump mods practice and theroy

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Did you try a different set of bolts than the ones that were on the pump by chance?

I recall when I rounded the heads off the bolts on mine I had to hunt through three part stores to find the correct machine bolt threading. Apparently stanadyne thought it would be super idea to use a very specific bolts with special angled threads. Anything else is gonna cross-thread and leak. My replacements ended up being actual screws that I had to cut to length rather than bolts. Fixed my problem in a pinch after I turned up my fuel. ;Sweet

Also, go to Uhaul for a pump like RHK recommended...they are much cheaper and I haven't heard any bad things yet from all the pumps they sold earlier this year. I have one stored in my garage for future use.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys but its not going to do me any good for now. i broke the bolts on the plate... Now I have to buy a new pump... And this was my dd... -cuss

So if I understand you correctly, your saying you broke BOTH of the little bolts that hold the triangular cover on the bottom passenger side of the pump? So when you broke the first one, you figured you'd just tighten the second one hoping that would hold it on, and you snapped that one off too? :dunno No offense, but I'm not sure you should by trying to turn up your pump. You might want to get some help with that. You are going to have to pull the pump to get this situation resolved satisfactorily. Please refer to my fuel injection servicing article and a service manual for the correct proceedure on doing this.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mel you sound like a ford tech there

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I understand you correctly, your saying you broke BOTH of the little bolts that hold the triangular cover on the bottom passenger side of the pump? So when you broke the first one, you figured you'd just tighten the second one hoping that would hold it on, and you snapped that one off too? :dunno No offense, but I'm not sure you should by trying to turn up your pump. You might want to get some help with that. You are going to have to pull the pump to get this situation resolved satisfactorily. Please refer to my fuel injection servicing article and a service manual for the correct proceedure on doing this.

Lol, I know it sounds really bad. But when I pulled the bolts I noticed that they were a little stretched (like they had been overtightened before.) So I took it real easy on the bottom one and just hand tightened it, then I hand tightened the top one. Then I put a socket on the bottom one and used my hand to get it a little tighter and it broke off :eek: Then I went to pull the top one out and it broke too. I guess they were just that weak and on there last leg.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting this some time down the road... Anybody ever use it?

http://pensacoladiesel.com/6-9l-and-7-3l-rebuilt-fuel-injection-pumps.html

Holy crap. PENSACOLA DIESEL IS NOT A AUTHORIZED STANADYNE SHOP. AND WE DO NOT WISH TO BE..WE DO NOT SELL STANADYNE JUNK.

6.9-7.3L PUMPS AVAILABLE, ALSO TURBO PUMPS, SAME PRICE , JUST STATE YEAR WHEN ORDERING.

They don't sell Stanadyne, but they do sell Stanadyne, there not Authorized to rebuild them, but they do rebuild them. :confused: :rolleyes:

I for one would NOT get one, based on the junk I've got from them, 20% restock fee plus return shipping, even when you get junk.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Thinking about getting this some time down the road... Anybody ever use it?

http://pensacoladiesel.com/6-9l-and-7-3l-rebuilt-fuel-injection-pumps.html

Even though they're less than an hour away I personally didn't mind paying $100 more for a local rebuild, I've heard some bad things about their stuff.

e: Just like to add that "customer service" is one thing, but there is no substitute for being able to go back to a local shop and actually talk to the guy who built your pump.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online