pump mods practice and theroy

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill post more specifics and re write everything iirc its loosen
ill post up some pics when i can too for ya
the timing mark should be at tdc when the screw shows up but remember the crank rotates twice every time the pump gear turns so when the timing mark is ligned up its tdc or bdc so look at both

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing that I seem to do even makes the pump turn, if it is turning, its ending up in the exact same spot every time. Im going to put my truck back together before something gets messed up and it wont start at all or I ruin my turbo or something. Please provide more detail on how to turn up my injection pump. This is not sufficient.

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, It seems to be turning because there is a marking on one part and not on the other. But every time it stops it seems to be where a whole is in the same spot no matter which side its on. I have yet to see a screw of any type. Read up on another search and found out that the allen adjuster is inside on of these holes. Havent figured out which one yet but there is some hope. It takes a 5/32 allen wrench to adjust.

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill have to add the size thanks
but it should be in one of the holes correct if youre doing this alone get a helper to turn the crank as you watch in the hole i do not know if this screw would be removed if it would be an issue or not but it is recessed in the hole a bit not flush

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you over tighten them?
id try a bolt extractor or something before just buying a new pump
and this is why i said try at youre own risk you never know whats going to happen

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you over tighten them?
id try a bolt extractor or something before just buying a new pump
and this is why i said try at youre own risk you never know whats going to happen

I guess you could call it over tightening. I barely even tightened them, I didnt even think they were tight yet. I wasnt even trying to make them that tight. Just hand tight then enough to press the gasket down.

And holy ****! The pump is 750$!?!?

Napa wants even more for a pump... $990.50 and thats a stock non performance injector pump... FML, I should have just left it alone.

Advanced autos is $948.00. Im going to go throw up now...

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just try and get um out take a pic so we can help with ideas but you can use a bolt extrator or drill out and tap a new thread

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just try and get um out take a pic so we can help with ideas but you can use a bolt extrator or drill out and tap a new thread

A picture isnt really going to do anything. It simply broke the heads off the bolts with only about 3-4 threads left to go. Its just such a tight space that I dunno If I can even get a tap and die set in there or even an extractor. I guess I will have to pull the pump and do it with it out but I may have just found a pump for 75$ from a guy on on FTE but Im not sure yet. Either way the trucks going to be down foratleast a week. I work from 6am-8pm fri sat sun. NTM The trucks at my house and my shop is 30 mins away. Just a ****** situation all together.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you try a small set of vice grips on the few threads?

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you try a small set of vice grips on the few threads?

There were 3-4 threads left on the heads, not sticking out of the pump, they are just about flush. Im really at a loss other then pulling the pump and doing it with it out. Guess Ill just have to go without a ride again for a few days at the least. And I was going to pick up a new PS pump tomorrow to try and get that issue worked out, now I have this fun to deal with.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good one corey ill add it can i steal youre pics and the stud tip and merge into mine ill give ya credit? just trying to consolidate all in one quick place instead of 100 pages

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you could call it over tightening. I barely even tightened them, I didnt even think they were tight yet. I wasnt even trying to make them that tight. Just hand tight then enough to press the gasket down.

And holy ****! The pump is 750$!?!?

Napa wants even more for a pump... $990.50 and thats a stock non performance injector pump... FML, I should have just left it alone.

Advanced autos is $948.00. Im going to go throw up now...
Uhaul has them on sale from 200-300...

There were 3-4 threads left on the heads, not sticking out of the pump, they are just about flush. Im really at a loss other then pulling the pump and doing it with it out. Guess Ill just have to go without a ride again for a few days at the least. And I was going to pick up a new PS pump tomorrow to try and get that issue worked out, now I have this fun to deal with.

Take a dremel with a cutoff wheel, preferably the metal one for cutting ceramic and cut a line onto each bolt in the shape of a flat head screw driver. Then insert a flat head screw driver and turn the remainders out. Buy some bolts and seal it up. take the chunks with you to find the right pitch size and length. Much cheaper than a new IP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online