Pulled a load and took pictures

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So... How did you fix the bed rail on that accident? The same thing happened to my truck while the wife was giving dirrections thru a parking lot with my gooseneck horse trailer in tow. Mine really didn't do much damage but the rail is bent out of alignment....

DieselChemist

Reaction score
That bed rail looked like mine when I got it, same type gooseneck accident. I parked the driver's side up next to a big tree and wrapped a come-a-long around it and hooked it to the hole in the bed rail at the end and just ratcheted it straight, you have to go farther inward than where the bedrail would actually sit. Make sure you have a good come-a-long because I had to get mine really taught and it got kinda hairy.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion....STOP doing things like this and you'll have less body work to do thus more time to overload trailers to point of bending and perhaps get more wood home for winter.

rubberfish

Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao
I'm just as guilty as the next guy for overloading
trucks and trailers. Isn't that what they're for?
For guys like us to test their limits. To hell with
what that stupid little tin plate says. It's for
decoration right? Just merely a suggestion? :)

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dean I have been hauling water also with some tanks that look the same. Are they 330 gallons each? With 660 gallons of water it almost sits the truck down the same as the loaded trailer. I used my bro-in-laws 2 ton porta power and hooked it to the reciever hitch and to the bed stake hole and it worked really good, it pulled it back so the tailgate will close no problem. Also just for the record the trailer smashed the bed empty, not loaded. The trailer was home built for a flatbed truck so it doesn't have much clearance over the bed. The last load we hauled today was estimated at 9 tons for just the logs, so 18000 for logs, 7000 for truck, and 7200 for trailer brings the weight to 32200 pounds:eek: cookoo , which is the most I've pulled.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously we should post a disclaimer here for anybody reading, that these stories are not endorsements that you should do anything like this. Most of these events are probably illegal in your state, and could result in serious damage to your truck, not to mention injury or death. LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mike and Bob

:moon:

Mel.... you are correct it probably is illegal in most states but rules are meant to be broken.... and it can't be illegal if you don't get caught...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL You sound like a former coworker who swore speed limits were just suggestions. LOL Of course they are. :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online