Pulled a load and took pictures

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have been quite busy today sawing, loading and hauling logs for our sawmill. This is a picture of the second load (I forgot to get the camera for the first one) and figured you guys would like to see some pictures. The estimated total weight is about 27,000 pounds. The logs are green red oak so they are really heavy :eek: .

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    262.1 KB · Views: 118

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I guess it is a srw thing I loaded mine that much before and it was not so low. How did it handle it? how far did You drive like that? With two loads like that one You've got enough firewood for the season :D .

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Good to know that, once my swap is done, I'll be able to pull insane loads if I need to. Looks like you need some bigger springs back there if you're gonna do that often.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Load the trailer properly and you can
spend the "new spring" money on beer. :D
Take two or three logs off the front
and put 'em on the back... and pull it. ;Sweet

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first load had more logs on the back of the trailer and leveled it out more, but we ran out of logs to put on the back and had the front chained down so I said leave it be. The back end still had about 2 inches untill the rubber bump stop so it was ok yet. The 2 inch lift on the front makes the rear end look over loaded easier . The trip was only about 2 miles of country back road but has a real bad horseshoe bend with a really bad hill, only able to go about 5 mph in low 4 untill the top. I have some more pictures from last year, if I can find them I will post them. So far from last year and this year has made 6 loads like that.

Last edited:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure the truck can do the job; BUT, I would want more tires and springs on the back axle.

That is a stout/heavy looking trailer.

I can't tell from the pictures; but, surely a trailer that heavy has vacuum-over-hydraulics, and not some wimpy electric-brake mess.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
load it till the tires pop then jack it up n put on the spare....of course it has to be showing some cords and weather checking to really make it a fun trip!!!!

rubberfish

Reaction score
My moto.... if the bumper isn't dragging the ground then it can't be overloaded....

load it till the tires pop then jack it up n put on the spare....of course it has to be showing some cords and weather checking to really make it a fun trip!!!!

Do one of you two own that Blazer 5th wheel combo? :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pictures I found from last year.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 52
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 46

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of what can happen when pulling a gooseneck trailer. I was pulling out of the field turning when the front left tire fell in a hole. It don't look as bad in the picture as it was, but considering I just had the bed all cleaned up and painted I was somewhat upset-cuss -cuss -cuss . The diamond plate rail cap poped back up ok but the bed got squashed down about 1.5 inches. Good thing the tailgate was taken out or it would have been a mess :puke: :mad: -cuss :eek:

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads