PRTJ's

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
There's calling the kettle black.

Aaahh CHOO! Excuse me I'm allergic to BS.

Bwahahahhaha fine then I will just take my speedo's and spandex and go home!

Ended up getting one of my fuel leaks, I replaced all my fuel lines and brake lines from the engine to the tank switch. Thanks pa salt.

Also tightened up my yoke bolt now that seems good to go and got half my hitch installed. Need the top half to lineup the front rails, will have that tomorrow. Getting through my list!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You may find the 5th wheel hitch wont slide very well because the bed is not true. A shim pack that nappa sells will work just fine. No need for shims in the 5 to 10 thousands size. 40, 50 will work fine. There is some play built into this. Slip them in under the rails so it straightens out the bed. Place them around the mounting bolts. The shims I'm refering to look like the letter "U" and have a short tail on them so they are easy to move in and out. Most any good bearing shop will also carry them. So will mcmaster carr or graingers. If you can't find any just install the rails loose. Slide it the hitch and tighten down the rails. But don't think you will be removing the slide in part without takeing it all apart. The way the factory shows it sliding in and out so easy is kind of a joke. Those bed rails have to me flat for it to work that way and no bed is that flat.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
My PRTJ's started with my 5th wheel, Got it home this weekend and started getting it un winterized and cleaned up.

That is when I remembered the Power Converter being noisy last fall, Well it decided to quit all together.

Tore into it on Monday and figured I wasn't going to fix it. did some researching on it and found what I needed for a replacement. Went to my buddy Al who ownes Modern RV and told him what I needed..He made a call and had it at my shop in 2 hours, for under $200.00

I had time tonight to get it replaced, had it done in about an hour, works great and no more noise.

Back on track..

You must be registered for see images attach

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Rain rain go away, come again some other day!
Been 2 nights of nasty sporadic storms popping up. Other than hampering my efforts outside, not much to report.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the oil changed last weekend. Filled her with synthetic this time. No change in the fog from the RDT, and oil pressure is down a bit with it............ not super impressed so far.LOL

FSV is working....... NOT the senders though. Who cares....... I don't need to know how much fuel I have....... useless information!

The girls helped me wash the truck last night, so I'm sure it will rain soon. :D

Just need to get the camper from Dad's place tomorrow evening........ fill it with crap.......... get on the road Friday am.

Heath