Proper ettiquette to another board member

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am having a delima. Another board member here asked about a bed from a parts truck I had, then came and checked it out. He told me he wanted it . I offered to help him weld in a patch panel over the one small rust hole too. I have sent over 5 *** telling him I need it gone and that its starting to be a problem keeping it here, but hasnt picked it up yet and its been well over a month He hasnt replied to any contact although he has been here on the forum.

So do I haul it out for scrap to get rid of it, or do I continue to keep moving it and working around it? I even mentioned putting it on craigslist to get rid of it if he didnt want it, still no reply.

What is the "proper ettiquette" here. I really hit it off with this guy, but when is it enough to forget about my word to give it to him and just haul it off?

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he didn't pay anything for it and will not answer messages in a timely manner I think it is yours to get rid of.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave it to him free of charge. I just hate going back on my word. Feels wrong.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you there. You never want to go back on your word but if the gentleman won't pick it up, it isn't your fault any more.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
If he didn't pay anything for it and will not answer messages in a timely manner I think it is yours to get rid of.

Yup, thats the annoying part of selling parts. i have gone through spending hours to pull parts for people to have them never show or just change there minds.

sometimes things happen but i believe that most of the time it is just not a priority for people.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"if a man doesnt have his word, he doesnt have anything" But in this case I dont feel its my fault. I have moved it several times to get my enclosed trailer out, and the wife has started mentioning it a bit more.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am off Sunday and Monday, if havent heard from him by Monday, its a gonner. I think thats fair. Thanks all.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I think you send him a message and simply say, I need it gone by (insert date) if not, I need to have it out of my way and will be getting rid of it. You gave it to him and if they aren't willing to pick it up, then apparently they aren't very interested. I say one more attempt to communicate and a couple days to get it gone, then deal with it as you need to.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent him a PM and told him I am hauling it off manday if I havent heard from him by then, its gone.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I waited till Today, Sold it for a little beer money, it had to go. I tried to do the right thing.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
gunz is good to his word?:D

Gotta have respect for someone who goes as far out of his way, as GUNZ claims*, to try to help someone he hardly knows.

*DISCLAIMER* Since I am not involved, and I bear no witness to the intricate workings of this ordeal, I put the "as GUNZ claims" part as a way of covering my ass thing to avoid arguments with the other party involved... I do NOT have any reason to distrust anyone on this board.

No disrespect meant to you gunz.

P.S. With the information posted here in this thread I feel that gunz did the right thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7