Project: The New CDD Shop Truck

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small update, got a chance to work on the truck last night and this morning. Got the tires rotated and front wheel bearings packed. Stop tech rotors holding up fantastic
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed some cube lights on the rear bumper and wired them in with the reverse lights. They are just cheap Amazon lights but they are fantastic for backing up in the dark and hooking up trailers.

I wanted to a shifter that I could incorporate the nitrous button into, so I ordered a good ol hurst pistol grip. Our shifters are splined and I needed to thread this shifter on, so I tapped the inside diameter of the shifter for a 1/2-13 bolt and cut off the hex head

Then wired up the button and got the shifter situated where it was comfortable

So much more comfortable than the stock shifter, and has a great mechanical feel when rowing through the gears. I’ll be looking into modifying the shift tower to run a short throw shifter in the future, but for now it’s a great improvement.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a company called Midwest Transmissions makes a short throw shifter for the ZF5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a company called Midwest Transmissions makes a short throw shifter for the ZF5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Been eyeing that one for a while now, from what I’ve heard it’s a great upgrade. Little pricey, but I’m sure I’ll be installing one eventually

Goose_ss4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call rosewood diesel they make short throw shifters for all zf trans

Edit: he claims like a 30 % reducing shift throw. I think he said when I bought mine 8 years ago

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call rosewood diesel they make short throw shifters for all zf trans

Edit: he claims like a 30 % reducing shift throw. I think he said when I bought mine 8 years ago
Price? It’s not on their website, do you have to call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I’ll be sure to tag you when I make a thread on it, should be in the next coming weeks. I’ve finally settled on a connector that I think will work the best for our application.

If anyone is interested in these stop tech rotors Id be willing to make a deal on them, I’m currently collecting parts for a bolt on big brake kit utilizing the our stock spindles and bearings, so I’ll be removing the stoptechs to test the kit. I’ll be sure to do some brake test comparing the slotted stoptechs and ebc pads to the upgraded kit to see how much it improves over the updated stock brakes.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wes,
I may be interested in the stop tech rotors. I may have you do my front brakes when I bring my truck to you in a couple of weeks.

I will PM you.

Rick

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t done anything with the truck, but figured id share this. A buddy of mine put this together, and I had him add a clip @IDIBRONCO took while he was here. Just a compilation of some clips of the shop truck and how it’s progressed this last year, excited for 2019!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t done anything with the truck, but figured id share this. A buddy of mine put this together, and I had him add a clip @IDIBRONCO took while he was here. Just a compilation of some clips of the shop truck and how it’s progressed this last year, excited for 2019!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's an awesome truck an danm it's fast too

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! It’s definitely a fun truck for what it is, with the junkyard stock turbo and injection pump being able to perform so well with the right tweaking, proves in my mind that you can build a fun idi without spending big coin on a new turbo kit or a built pump. Really at this level with boost in the mid teens you don’t even have to have studs

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
BUUUUT.... you still need the laughing gas for the total performance package like this one has.:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online